Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > In the Dutch news: Fairlight busted
2004-04-22 13:04
Lord Crucifier

In the Dutch news: Fairlight busted

The following is part of a story about the police busting Dutch dorms on the hunt for illegal software:

"Op internet gaan geruchten dat de computerkrakersbende Fairlight is opgerold. De leden houden zich sinds 1986 bezig met het inbreken in computers, later hebben ze zich toegelegd op de verspreiding van illegale software, zoals computerspelletjes.

Op de universiteit van Twente zouden arrestaties zijn verricht. Op internetadressen die zijn gelieerd aan de universiteit circuleren foto's van de inbeslagname van systeemkasten bij een studentencomplex op de campus.

Een Duits hobbymagazine schrijft dat Fairlight spoedige publicatie van het nieuwe schietspel Hitman 3 heeft aangekondigd. Het actiespel voor zowel de PC, XboX als Playstation verschijnt officieel op 30 april en kost in de winkel 60 euro. "Als de berichten kloppen is de illegale verspreiding van computerspellen een zware slag toegebracht", aldus de redactie van Game Vision."

Basically it says an old hacker group called Fairlight has been caught for cracking and spreading illegal software. It mentions they started hacking in 1986 and went on to cracking software later on.

I'm not very known with todays PC/console w4r3z-scene, but this is not OUR Fairlight, now is it??

... 59 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-04-28 10:08
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Ephemeral laxity .. you crack me up, really you do :)

And oh, hate to rain on your parade, but I haven't distanced myself from anything. If you honestly thought my first post wasn't a joke, you're pretty dense, no matter how good your English is ;)

Your last posting shows it once again: You simply DON'T WANT to get the point of this debate. Instead of just facing and understanding the reasons why we lead this talking on here, you come up with some 'low-level-lamer-crap' like 'Your english is not good', 'i also know people from the past', 'i am from the old days'... blahblahblah. You even tried to pull CreamD into this again - just to have atleast somebody at your side to straighten up your back.

By now it looks like you still wish to be part of a scene where you have never been part of (atleast not at the point where we have been). Jealousy is your slogan while reading and writing in this threat. And that's it!

You still code on C64 nowadays? Fine, it's nice to see people who continue the spirit of old days, even in another way, but that's caused by the time which has changed. I accept and respect that. When I look at your specific case: Bad luck that you never had any fame in the time when the scene was flooded with people you had to compete with. I don't tell you why - you know it...

Stop barking like a creepy dog begging for bones and start to behave like a man.

[x] Simply ravishing
2004-04-28 10:46
TDJ

Quote: Your last posting shows it once again: You simply DON'T WANT to get the point of this debate. Instead of just facing and understanding the reasons why we lead this talking on here, you come up with some 'low-level-lamer-crap' like 'Your english is not good', 'i also know people from the past', 'i am from the old days'... blahblahblah. You even tried to pull CreamD into this again - just to have atleast somebody at your side to straighten up your back.

By now it looks like you still wish to be part of a scene where you have never been part of (atleast not at the point where we have been). Jealousy is your slogan while reading and writing in this threat. And that's it!

You still code on C64 nowadays? Fine, it's nice to see people who continue the spirit of old days, even in another way, but that's caused by the time which has changed. I accept and respect that. When I look at your specific case: Bad luck that you never had any fame in the time when the scene was flooded with people you had to compete with. I don't tell you why - you know it...

Stop barking like a creepy dog begging for bones and start to behave like a man.

[x] Simply ravishing

There you go again, replying on a post that was not meant for you, instead of replying the one that was. Maybe because you know you're just talking bullshit, saying the same thing over and over without proving your point?

And Snoopy: just because you don't remember me doesn't mean I didn't have 'any fame' back in the 80's. And just because I remember you doesn't mean that you did.

You were in Weird Science right? So you must remember NOP (later Cycleburner). Did you know that he did only one coopdemo ever in his c64 career? And guess with whom?

I'll give you a hint: it was the same guy who was #1 in the Horizon greetingslist for a long time back in the late 80's. A group he also did a coopdemo with by the way.

Not bad for a lamer, huh?
2004-04-28 13:14
Radar
Account closed

Quote: There you go again, replying on a post that was not meant for you, instead of replying the one that was. Maybe because you know you're just talking bullshit, saying the same thing over and over without proving your point?

And Snoopy: just because you don't remember me doesn't mean I didn't have 'any fame' back in the 80's. And just because I remember you doesn't mean that you did.

You were in Weird Science right? So you must remember NOP (later Cycleburner). Did you know that he did only one coopdemo ever in his c64 career? And guess with whom?

I'll give you a hint: it was the same guy who was #1 in the Horizon greetingslist for a long time back in the late 80's. A group he also did a coopdemo with by the way.

Not bad for a lamer, huh?

Wow, I'm soooooo impressed now. I guess that nobody on here has such a great knowledge about Even and his coding history but only Cycleburner himself.

W.A.M./Facade (just to make sure, that also your old handles get known, as you just started to list mine): What is so damn special on a coopdemo with Cycleburner? Besides that YOU couldn't reach his coding-abilities? I made a coopdemo with Blackmail once, so what? Nothing special! Calm down - lower your bloodpressure - try to lose your virginity - finally get a real life...

Once again you try to prove your 'career' and still I don't give a fuck about those lousy tries. Face it: Instead of opening your mouth about things you don't know about, you'd better be by staying at the roof, watching the show, and praying to the rulers in order to get their open ears for those beggings of yours for mercy and grace.

You won't be accepted by anybody before you don't respect others and stick with the facts - simple and clear enough? Maybe we should write it down in dutch, in order to make sure that you finally understand it.
2004-04-28 13:36
TDJ

Quote: Wow, I'm soooooo impressed now. I guess that nobody on here has such a great knowledge about Even and his coding history but only Cycleburner himself.

W.A.M./Facade (just to make sure, that also your old handles get known, as you just started to list mine): What is so damn special on a coopdemo with Cycleburner? Besides that YOU couldn't reach his coding-abilities? I made a coopdemo with Blackmail once, so what? Nothing special! Calm down - lower your bloodpressure - try to lose your virginity - finally get a real life...

Once again you try to prove your 'career' and still I don't give a fuck about those lousy tries. Face it: Instead of opening your mouth about things you don't know about, you'd better be by staying at the roof, watching the show, and praying to the rulers in order to get their open ears for those beggings of yours for mercy and grace.

You won't be accepted by anybody before you don't respect others and stick with the facts - simple and clear enough? Maybe we should write it down in dutch, in order to make sure that you finally understand it.

Hehe. You are just so fucking predictable. All throughout this thread I refrained from listing anything I did, because I'm not interested in a bragging match. And all you did was calling me a nobody who never accomplished anything. So just as soon as I tell you one simple fact to prove you're wrong, you fall back on the "that doesn't mean anything" tip.

If I really would want to prove my 'career', believe me, I could. But why? There are plenty of people who already know about it, and no matter what I'll say or do, you'll refuse to admit you are wrong. So I won't waste my energy on you any longer. You can claim that as a "victory" if you want. But we both, as well as all the others here, know better.

And by the way, yes, maybe you should have tried it in Dutch. Can't be worse than your English :)
2004-04-28 13:51
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Hehe. You are just so fucking predictable. All throughout this thread I refrained from listing anything I did, because I'm not interested in a bragging match. And all you did was calling me a nobody who never accomplished anything. So just as soon as I tell you one simple fact to prove you're wrong, you fall back on the "that doesn't mean anything" tip.

If I really would want to prove my 'career', believe me, I could. But why? There are plenty of people who already know about it, and no matter what I'll say or do, you'll refuse to admit you are wrong. So I won't waste my energy on you any longer. You can claim that as a "victory" if you want. But we both, as well as all the others here, know better.

And by the way, yes, maybe you should have tried it in Dutch. Can't be worse than your English :)

Victory? A victory can be celebrated when a fight took place - you were just too far away from even entering a fight!

YOU are still trying to tell me that MY english is bad? Hm, lemme see:

- "...you'll refuse to admit you are wrong..." ???
- "...bragging match..." ??? (Didn't you mention that you don't know the meaning of that word?)
- "...would want to..." ???

Yup, you're the one and only... loser!

But it's okay for me, I'll gladly push you to the other fools who have tried their luck before - right into the darkness of the reapers paradise! Good bye!

2004-04-29 06:12
CreaMD

The history repeats...
2004-04-29 09:57
Radar
Account closed

Quote: The history repeats...

Actually, I agree. But even we get along with eachother now ;-)
2004-04-29 10:34
CyberBrain
Administrator

@Radar: I think you may be misinterpreting TDJ's posts a bit. TDJ didn't say that Goldfishs english wasn't good, for example. In fact he said it was good...

You are saying that TDJ was not in the old scene, because he was not elite and because he weren't famous in the cracking scene..?
(tho, i would think what he wrote indicates that he wasn't just another totally unknown lamer in the old scene - and therefore a part of it.. But maybe your definition is different?)

It think it would be interesting (i mean that) to hear your oppinion, but without all the random personal attacks. ;)
(hope you won't start flaming me now - i'm just interested in hearing precisely what you're trying to say, nothing more. Maybe you have an interesting view on the scene)
2004-04-29 11:11
Radar
Account closed

Quote: @Radar: I think you may be misinterpreting TDJ's posts a bit. TDJ didn't say that Goldfishs english wasn't good, for example. In fact he said it was good...

You are saying that TDJ was not in the old scene, because he was not elite and because he weren't famous in the cracking scene..?
(tho, i would think what he wrote indicates that he wasn't just another totally unknown lamer in the old scene - and therefore a part of it.. But maybe your definition is different?)

It think it would be interesting (i mean that) to hear your oppinion, but without all the random personal attacks. ;)
(hope you won't start flaming me now - i'm just interested in hearing precisely what you're trying to say, nothing more. Maybe you have an interesting view on the scene)

Somehow you forgot to mention both sides now.

Right from the beginning I wrote that I can't remember him from the old days concerning my activities in the scene and that he never crossed my way at all. That's a fact! Actually, that doesn't mean that he wasn't around in another part of the scene - what I never refused. During the heat on this debatte, it turned to other views from both sides maybe.

Then to be honest: He felt somehow 'confused' about GDF's postings at first sight and couldn't interprete the meaning of it and was upset afterwards. GDF's english is quite good and he uses that language in a proper way but not in school-english. As TDJ never saw him nor me 'in action' back then, it's maybe quite confusing for him, but that's the way life goes.

And hey! I didn't start to insult! There are some nice poems to quote now, but I personally don't see a reason to keep on going into this.

BUT: Another point of this threat could be, that maybe (and just maybe) new people in the scene have a look at what is/was going on between people from the past. Even in better and harder ways like this, but still... Don't misunderstand me now, but I kept this post loyal to both sides and don't want to offend you in any way!
2004-04-29 11:24
TDJ

Quote: Somehow you forgot to mention both sides now.

Right from the beginning I wrote that I can't remember him from the old days concerning my activities in the scene and that he never crossed my way at all. That's a fact! Actually, that doesn't mean that he wasn't around in another part of the scene - what I never refused. During the heat on this debatte, it turned to other views from both sides maybe.

Then to be honest: He felt somehow 'confused' about GDF's postings at first sight and couldn't interprete the meaning of it and was upset afterwards. GDF's english is quite good and he uses that language in a proper way but not in school-english. As TDJ never saw him nor me 'in action' back then, it's maybe quite confusing for him, but that's the way life goes.

And hey! I didn't start to insult! There are some nice poems to quote now, but I personally don't see a reason to keep on going into this.

BUT: Another point of this threat could be, that maybe (and just maybe) new people in the scene have a look at what is/was going on between people from the past. Even in better and harder ways like this, but still... Don't misunderstand me now, but I kept this post loyal to both sides and don't want to offend you in any way!

Don't worry, I'm not going to start again, I guess we'll leave the Radar vs TDJ situation as it is :)

As for the Goldfish situation, I think it's just a matter of misunderstanding eachother, Goldfish misunderstood me and I misunderstood him, but I feel that has been handled as well.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
iAN CooG/HVSC
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX
wil
DjS/Silicon Ltd
void256
rexbeng