Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Alfredo - Basic Animation Demo - ML problems
2016-05-27 04:30
doctorfargo

Alfredo - Basic Animation Demo - ML problems

Hey everyone,
I've been working on converting Alfredo's Crushing Curiosity to the C64.

(For those not familiar with Alfredo - he was a stick figure that was the star of little animation "demos" on Softdisk, Big Blue and Loadstar disk magazines back in the day. 4 of Alfredo's adventures were converted from the Apple II originals for the C64 for Loadstar back in the day, but the majority of his adventures never saw the light of day for the C64 - Thanks to the web and emulators, I have access to the Apple II original and also the IBM DOS port of Alfredo's Crushing Curiosity)

Anyways, I been programming it in Basic V2 with a ML module called JoySprite (accessed with SYS commands) from Loadstar #229 to handle a lot of the sprite work.

I'm almost done with it, but I'm really disappointed because the ML module is giving me troubles - sometimes - instead of working like it should - it causes sprites to disappear on some scenes or not move properly. This doesn't happen all the time - I've managed to play the whole program through without any troubles at all - but other times it causes issues.

Anyways, I'm posting the link of what I have so far in the hope that someone can help me out. At this point, I'd rather not drop the JoySprite ML module and try to recode all the sprite work in straight Basic V2 - that would take a lot of work!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3asfsap1ol8c8ce/Alfredo.zip

(Loadstar #229 which has JoySprite on it is included in the ZIP along with some screenshots of the scenes that have don't work properly all the time)

EDIT -

Robin Harbron (AKA MacBeth) hacked JoySprite for me and it seems to be fixing the problems! I'll upload the finished product soon to CSDB!

I'll also upload the hacked / patched JoySprite in case anyone is interested.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
icon/The Silents, Sp..
The Syndrom/TIA/Pret..
kbs/Pht/Lxt
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
hedning/G★P
Flavioweb/🇮🇹HF..