Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > new release type "c64dtv release" ?
2005-11-03 09:53
chatGPZ

new release type "c64dtv release" ?

as shown in the goof info to Space Taxi +DTV-Samplefixed ppl start adding stuff that for one reason or the other are inferior to "real" c64 releases because they were "fixed" to work with the c64dtv - make a new cathegory?

... 38 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-11-05 22:20
Moloch

I've added a few more...

Palette
Palette
(screenshot in archive - my image compression kungfu sucks)

Color Bars
Color Bars

Linear Scroll
Linear Scroll
2005-11-06 17:56
Nafcom

Quote: I've added a few more...

Palette
Palette
(screenshot in archive - my image compression kungfu sucks)

Color Bars
Color Bars

Linear Scroll
Linear Scroll

Thanks!

I have converted it to .gif. It looks very close to the original .PNG. :)
2005-11-07 14:32
Perff
Administrator

I guess it's about time I write something here in the thread.

If people want an extra release type "c64dtv" I can do that for you right away. But then there should also be a lot of other types perhaps, as it have been mentioned.

In stead the right way to go would be to make subtypes or checkboxes as has also been sugested here.
Internally in CSDb similar things have also been discussed, the way releases are categorised.
The main conclusion was that the basic database-design for this was way to naive, and it would take a lot of db-hacking to make it work correctly. That is not nice, and not easy to do, so it have been kinda dropped. :(

But there have been some new discussions about CSDb V2 here recently, so if that ever happens, it would for sure be one of the things that should be implemented. :)

So the simple question that remains: Do you want a c64dtv release-type and have what may follow, or not?
No checkboxes and subtypes etc. for the moment.
(There is always the trivia and production notes etc. to write stuff in. ;) )
2005-11-07 15:03
tlr

Quote: I guess it's about time I write something here in the thread.

If people want an extra release type "c64dtv" I can do that for you right away. But then there should also be a lot of other types perhaps, as it have been mentioned.

In stead the right way to go would be to make subtypes or checkboxes as has also been sugested here.
Internally in CSDb similar things have also been discussed, the way releases are categorised.
The main conclusion was that the basic database-design for this was way to naive, and it would take a lot of db-hacking to make it work correctly. That is not nice, and not easy to do, so it have been kinda dropped. :(

But there have been some new discussions about CSDb V2 here recently, so if that ever happens, it would for sure be one of the things that should be implemented. :)

So the simple question that remains: Do you want a c64dtv release-type and have what may follow, or not?
No checkboxes and subtypes etc. for the moment.
(There is always the trivia and production notes etc. to write stuff in. ;) )

As there already are a couple of C64DTV releases added as C64 Misc, it's probably best to give in and create a type for it ;).

There will be even more confusion soon when C64DTV V2 productions start to appear, but I guess will discuss that when it happens...
2005-11-07 15:05
Nafcom

Quote: As there already are a couple of C64DTV releases added as C64 Misc, it's probably best to give in and create a type for it ;).

There will be even more confusion soon when C64DTV V2 productions start to appear, but I guess will discuss that when it happens...

all PAL DTVs are version 2. NTSC DTVs version 2 will start soon then one will have version 1 and 2 for NTSC but only for NTSC. That's how far I know it.
2005-11-07 15:10
tlr

Quote: all PAL DTVs are version 2. NTSC DTVs version 2 will start soon then one will have version 1 and 2 for NTSC but only for NTSC. That's how far I know it.

That's how I understand it is aswell. The prods added so far are all C64DTV V1 (NTSC) releases.
2005-11-07 15:19
Nafcom

Quote: That's how I understand it is aswell. The prods added so far are all C64DTV V1 (NTSC) releases.

hmm, so it should not possible to flag a PAL version 1 release, I just forgot that sentence in my post, haha - sorry, without this sentence it just is a rephrase of what you actually said, my bad
2005-11-07 20:15
Moloch

NTSC DTV2 is already out but under the disguise of a game unit called "GM Hummer Steering Wheel Game". Basically DTV2 hardware with a steering wheel and a custom game coded by Macbeth, dW, and Six. This unit was sold nationwide in Radio Shack stores.

DTV2 is NTSC/PAL unit of course, has a built in switch. Of course the output is black/white.
2005-11-07 21:39
Tch
Account closed

If this DTV thing is going to be like..
Version ad infinitum,I don´t give a freeballzz..

The beauty of C64 was that everything worked on it.
(The SID may cause problems and Pal/NTSC is an issue,
but IT WORKED!)
I hope the DTV will be able to settle on ONE standard. ;)
2005-11-07 21:57
Nafcom

Quote: If this DTV thing is going to be like..
Version ad infinitum,I don´t give a freeballzz..

The beauty of C64 was that everything worked on it.
(The SID may cause problems and Pal/NTSC is an issue,
but IT WORKED!)
I hope the DTV will be able to settle on ONE standard. ;)

A lot of stuff needed patching or either crashing. So a new thing - DTV 1/2 PAL/NTSC fixing scene could appear again like in the good old N`TSC/PAL time for games
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Zardax/Artline Designs
Guests online: 93
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)