Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user tubesockor ! (Registered 2024-05-12) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Information should be free
2007-06-08 21:13
TDJ

Information should be free

Quoting Managing information in CSDb

2. The information regarding entries belongs to those who the information is about. A person "owns" the information about his scener-profile, and the information of his/hers releases and the groups he/she is/was member of.
3. If any person who "owns" information doesn't want the information in CSDb it is totally their rights to remove it, and should be respected. This means that if you have any doubts that the person who owns the information does not want it in CSDb, you must not add it, and also that this person have the right to delete the information at any time.

To be honest, I was never fully aware of these rules until Baracuda kept throwing them around, and I can't say anything else than that I don't agree with them at all ..

Just remember: the scene is bigger than the people that are (or were) part of it.
2007-06-08 21:21
chatGPZ

i totally agree, and i was just about to contact an admin to find out who came up with these weirdo rules.

IMHO the rules related to who has the "right" to "own" any information should be along the lines of what the law says (ie right to remove personal stuff like real name, phone, adress etc) - no more no less.

anything else pretty much opens the door to all sort of abuse and arbitrariness and effectivly prevents to practice serious "archeology".
2007-06-09 03:15
The Communist

In my eyes the csdb is like an encyclopedia and in this case all basic information should be free. If someone doesn't want personal info in then it should be ok to delete this.

Imagine the inherits of Elvis coming along and sueing all publishers of encyclopedias to erase all information of Elvis out of them. Unimaginable.
2007-06-09 05:31
Oswald

well... for what I know as a general rule of thumb a person can only own his personal information. Release date / credits etc imho are out of this scope, as with giving the credits in the release etc he made this info free willingly anyway.
2007-06-09 07:49
CreaMD

Seems like someone who wrote those pro-idividualistic rules needs to be spanked without mercy. ;-)
2007-06-09 08:41
null
Account closed

Quote: In my eyes the csdb is like an encyclopedia and in this case all basic information should be free. If someone doesn't want personal info in then it should be ok to delete this.

Imagine the inherits of Elvis coming along and sueing all publishers of encyclopedias to erase all information of Elvis out of them. Unimaginable.

Big Breadbox is watching you!

------------------------------------
Knoeki/DigitalSoundsSystem/GheyMaidInc/SwappersWithAttitude
http://hardwarehacks.untergrund.net/misc/zomgwtfbbq/
2007-06-09 09:08
Cruzer

Information wants to be free. No need for all these restrictions.
2007-06-09 10:21
cadaver

In a way I understand those rules - they're there to say that CSDB is very nicety-nicety, more so than encyclopedias etc. but due to their abuse from various petty reasons I'd say too, that information integrity has more weight, and it'd be better if those rules were changed to just include obvious private information.
2007-06-09 10:59
CreaMD

Exactly.

Integrity of information is the priority #1. That protects both "illegal" and also "legal" scene interests.

I think we will have to update the rules accordingly. Sensitive information (private address, phone, e-mail, real name) should be entered with permission, and it's holder has right to remove it. That is undisputable.

Priority #2 is to define exactly what kind of activity is unwanted here, how to identify it, and prevent it.

Ban is always the very last option. Sometimes it's possible to negotiate the improvement of problematic behaviour. Unfortunatelly there are also hopeless cases (they know who they are) who repeatedly abuse their privilege of being users of this database even after warnings. Curently only Perff can remove their rights. But in close future there is option that such persons will be banned automatically, based on moderator's voting.
2007-06-09 13:05
wreg
Account closed

ownage should be restricted to sensitive data (that only includes personal data to me)
but could be extended to fake-nicks as well
all other information that is reachable pretty easy should be left here, no matter what the 'owner' says
if he deletes this info that anyone added, he looses the maintainer status on his entries, simple as that :-)
2007-06-09 13:16
chatGPZ

Quote:
Sensitive information (private address, phone, e-mail, real name) should be entered with permission, and it's holder has right to remove it. That is undisputable.

imho entering this kind of information should be restricted to the owner. noone should be allowed to enter the real name/phone#/adress/etc of someone else - this kind of info isnt really "needed" anyway, but on the other hand could cause a lot of trouble for people.

and i still demand every account linked to his respective scener entry :)
2007-06-09 13:18
BAR.
Account closed

In my eyes should an information which was added to an
entry from another user not be deleted also the entry should stay.

But if the owner means that it is wrong,
he should be able of course to delete/edit..

Otherwise the wrong infos will rule..

2007-06-09 13:45
Perff
Administrator

I agree that rules perhaps should be updated. The rules were created after a lot of problems with copyrighted stuff and personal details. I should perhaps have thought it better through when I wrote that, but back then it made sense that if you "owned" something (copyright, personal data) you had total right over the info. It didn't orcur to me that people would remove their demos and trivial scener info just because they were mad or something.
I basically think that some information is "owned" by the scene itself. Info like who was a member of what when, credits etc. Info like this, which I can't see how should hurt anyone, should be public.
?
2007-06-09 13:57
chatGPZ

sounds reasonable.... generally all info should be "public", with the exceptions of:
a) personal details (name, phone, adress, photo etc - ie what is protected by most related laws too)
b) copyrighted downloads (no matter how much _i_ would like to ignore this, you as the responsible hoster can't for obvious reasons)

b raises other questions though, like wether entries of commercial games (not cracks) without a download should be in the database at all. there should also be somekind of explaination on what is considered "copyrighted info" in that respect - because technically most stuff is copyrighted. (this is gonna be hard i guess)
2007-06-09 13:57
Oswald

perff, I believe noone can sue csdb for publishing info thats on the streets anyway. can you sue a newspaper because it says z demo was made by perff ? nonsense. but the rules should stay for private personal info.,
2007-06-09 14:35
Perff
Administrator

Updated the rules a bit. Any comments?
2007-06-09 14:47
The Communist

Good. But I think adding the home country would be no problem also.
2007-06-09 14:47
chatGPZ

imho the wording is kinda misleading. it makes it sound if "owning" information is the rule, not the exception. it should make clear that ALL info is generally "public property", with the already mentioned exceptions. eg "scener entries" can not be "owned" by an individual, since the contained info is generally "public" - with the only exception beeing the personal data.
2007-06-09 14:49
The Communist

Sounds good.
2007-06-09 14:57
chatGPZ

oh and it should also make clear that "maintainer" (someone who locked an entry) is different to "owning" information. a maintainer should not have any right whatsoever to remove information, except for the already mentioned "non public" stuff IF it is not related to him. (quite the opposite should be the case - maintainers should be responsible to provide all "public" info about a locked entry)
2007-06-09 15:04
TDJ

What about first names? Removing them will make it more difficult to 'connect' handles to a person. Not sure if having them here can be considered illegal ..

And a hard one is the case where the scener used his real name as handle, like the Panoramic dudes for example ..
2007-06-09 15:06
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: What about first names? Removing them will make it more difficult to 'connect' handles to a person. Not sure if having them here can be considered illegal ..

And a hard one is the case where the scener used his real name as handle, like the Panoramic dudes for example ..

Cossbow logs for good reasons in under another name.. :)
Other "old sceners" too..
2007-06-09 15:14
chatGPZ

Quote:
What about first names? Removing them will make it more difficult to 'connect' handles to a person. Not sure if having them here can be considered illegal ..

i'd leave that decision to the individual. (personally, i dont really know -nor care- about first names of most sceners, even those i know for 20 years :) we even use to call each others by our handles when we meet - often handles are more unique than the first names anyway :=))

Quote:

if its a handle, its a handle - and should be mentioned as such, no more no less.
2007-06-09 15:15
wreg
Account closed

if someone doesnt rejects, real name adress and so on shoud be in here!
that is needed to identify ppl!
if i am not sure about the handle, adress always gives a nice hint!
2007-06-09 15:16
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: if someone doesnt rejects, real name adress and so on shoud be in here!
that is needed to identify ppl!
if i am not sure about the handle, adress always gives a nice hint!

where is your profile wreg ?
2007-06-09 15:18
chatGPZ

Quote:
if someone doesnt rejects, real name adress and so on shoud be in here! that is needed to identify ppl!

as much as it could be helpful to identify people, as much i have to disagree that it should be added without asking the person in question first (infact, that is probably illegal in most parts of the world)

i don't want my name and adress and phone# exposed on the web atleast, and i am sure a lot of people (especially those who were involved into the not-so-legal part of the scene) feel the same.
2007-06-09 15:25
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: Quote:
if someone doesnt rejects, real name adress and so on shoud be in here! that is needed to identify ppl!

as much as it could be helpful to identify people, as much i have to disagree that it should be added without asking the person in question first (infact, that is probably illegal in most parts of the world)

i don't want my name and adress and phone# exposed on the web atleast, and i am sure a lot of people (especially those who were involved into the not-so-legal part of the scene) feel the same.

Groepaz, it's to late for all illegals..

Google helps a lot and if not a file with the tel numbers of the old sceners spread years ago, old diskmags, others...

Greetings from the Dienstagstreff to you also...
2007-06-09 15:30
chatGPZ

Quote:
Groepaz, it's to late for all illegals..

nonsense

Quote:
Google helps a lot and if not a file with the tel numbers of the old sceners spread years ago, old diskmags, others...

more nonsense. you might be able to dig up real names (often even that is hard enough), but certainly not recent (ie valid) adresses or phone numbers. the info spread in various mags/lists/whatever is in most cases outdated, or contains pointers to someones parents - and that kind of info certainly does NOT belong here whatsoever.

Quote:
Greetings from the Dienstagstreff to you also...

what the hell are you trying to say?
2007-06-09 15:34
BAR.
Account closed

if someone would like to catch you, would like to know something about you..

He can.
2007-06-09 15:39
chatGPZ

Quote:

He can.

and? that doesnt mean i have to plaster my info on the net for every mumbowumbo to read. and like i said, exposing personal info of someone else without asking is actually illegal in a lot of countries (certainly in germany) - and for a good reason.
2007-06-09 15:41
BAR.
Account closed

He can.

and? that doesnt mean i have to plaster my info on the net for every mumbowumbo to read. and like i said, exposing personal info of someone else without asking is actually illegal in a lot of countries (certainly in germany) - and for a good reason.

as much as it could be helpful to identify people,
as much i have to disagree that it should be added without asking the person in question first (infact, that is probably illegal in most parts of the world)

Than you mean: shouldn't be added ?
Right ?

2007-06-09 15:47
chatGPZ

Quote:
Right ?

indeed, unless someone wants his info to be there. (and again, adding it without someones consent might be illegal depending on where you live)
2007-06-09 15:53
BAR.
Account closed

Right ?

indeed, unless someone wants his info to be there. (and again, adding it without someones consent might be illegal depending on where you live)

I agree.

Now beware of Fake releases which makes jokes about what you wrote... ;)

Now after all know the rules, they can understand me.. ?
Understand why i helped others beeing "attacked" as
in Weedlove "Secretman". Later updated with my name..

Sometimes it was too late, the entries gone with them..
As you can see, i'm still here because i want a change here..

Be friendly.
2007-06-09 15:55
A3

I see walid points in both views.

My personal view is that files and groups should never be removed. As it was once spread all over the globe why shouldn't it be out there all of a sudden?

I still like to see some stuff in the profile like the first name as it has helped lots of times not to add a new scener profile. I mean how many profiles could be merged if we just had a first name or something similar in the profiles?

2007-06-09 16:00
wreg
Account closed

He can.

persons doing illegal things should not cry for the law when it could protect them!
they clearly have choosen NOT to use it :-)
2007-06-09 16:06
CreaMD

Quote: I agree.

Now beware of Fake releases which makes jokes about what you wrote... ;)

Now after all know the rules, they can understand me.. ?
Understand why i helped others beeing "attacked" as
in Weedlove "Secretman". Later updated with my name..

Sometimes it was too late, the entries gone with them..
As you can see, i'm still here because i want a change here..

Be friendly.

If you want changes, you must try to formulate your ideas clearly and don't rely on other people and mods to understand you or even find parts of your arguments in the information clues that you provide.

It's sometimes very hard to get the idea what you are talking about and believe me, it's not because I or other people are stupider than you. ;-)

E.g. I don't get what you wrote here on first reading and I don't feel like reading it again. So what exactly did you want to say? And this time without "metaphors". ;-)
2007-06-09 16:11
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: I see walid points in both views.

My personal view is that files and groups should never be removed. As it was once spread all over the globe why shouldn't it be out there all of a sudden?

I still like to see some stuff in the profile like the first name as it has helped lots of times not to add a new scener profile. I mean how many profiles could be merged if we just had a first name or something similar in the profiles?

All guys and womans here should have a profile.
Hi wreg and others..

All informations should be only deleted after an o.k.
from perff. So you know when and why..

All entries should be open.

Stricly the other rules should be accepted by all guys here
so that all can live in peace.

@violator: i know a lot of guys which left silently..
No one notified that.
2007-06-09 16:20
CreaMD

Quote:
All guys and womans here should have a profile.
Hi wreg and others..

All informations should be only deleted after an o.k.
from perff. So you know when and why..

All entries should be open.

Stricly the other rules should be accepted by all guys here
so that all can live in peace.

@violator: i know a lot of guys which left silently..
No one notified that.

Perff made the locking because he had to solve problems of deletions every time. Now the solution of this problem is partially solved by locking.

I think next step could be possibility to let mods check logs of deletions and potentially restore the deleted stuff if necessary, this way he could concentrate on other important things.

As for silently leaving people. It's much better to leave silently than leaving with rumble and leaving mess behind yourself like e.g. Ignorance. ;-) One camp is using his departure as argument why "someone" should be removed from here. Other ask "why is he removed from here"?

Btw. your post was formulated quite clearly. See. That is what I was asking for.
2007-06-09 16:27
chatGPZ

Quote:

i agree with that, removing stuff just because it's "lame" doesnt really make sense, even the lamest lamers and their releases are a part of the scene afterall :)

Quote:
persons doing illegal things should not cry for the law when it could protect them! they clearly have choosen NOT to use it :-)

please be serious.

i am not crying for the law, and i havent done illegal things in the scene for probably more than 20 years (infact, i have released very few cracks only, of which almost none is even on csdb because they are lost).

and there are more than enough reasons to protect personal info for everyone. be it to prevent stalking or spam, just to name the most obvious ones.

and afterall csdb by itself (for very understandable reasons) choosed to be "legal", eg it respects copyright of contemporary gamecompanies and removes cracks of their products on request. if the law is respected in one case, and ignored on another (which is alot more about respect towards other sceners than the first, imho) it only destroys the credibility of the whole project.
2007-06-09 16:31
BAR.
Account closed

If you restore the deleted stuff, then you had to live with more double entries, faults. So in my eyes it would be better to ask perff if you have the right to delete something.

If someone add an entry and then later find out that this
entry was there before, he deletes the new one.

Now, the admins would bring this back...
This would be a mistake.

2007-06-09 16:44
CreaMD

Quote:
If you restore the deleted stuff, then you had to live with more double entries, faults. So in my eyes it would be better to ask perff if you have the right to delete something.

If someone add an entry and then later find out that this
entry was there before, he deletes the new one.

Now, the admins would bring this back...
This would be a mistake.

You are talking about hypthetical mistakes that could be only made when moderators would be dumb and didn't check existence of releases. Still it would be much better to leave restoration of deleted stuff on team of mods rather than one person. (although I'm sure there are more people who can do that, but usually mostly perff is being contacted when something like that happens ;-). Also I didn't give very good example, generally locking is also good for the situations when the holder of the information takes over the responsibility for it's maintenance. In cases when the information is complete, or is being update by the information holder.

Also there is a request for update of the "deletion" feature. When anyone deletes the release, there should be reason given. I'm sure Perff will add this feature soon, it shouldn't be hard to implement.

2007-06-09 16:46
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: You are talking about hypthetical mistakes that could be only made when moderators would be dumb and didn't check existence of releases. Still it would be much better to leave restoration of deleted stuff on team of mods rather than one person. (although I'm sure there are more people who can do that, but usually mostly perff is being contacted when something like that happens ;-). Also I didn't give very good example, generally locking is also good for the situations when the holder of the information takes over the responsibility for it's maintenance. In cases when the information is complete, or is being update by the information holder.

Also there is a request for update of the "deletion" feature. When anyone deletes the release, there should be reason given. I'm sure Perff will add this feature soon, it shouldn't be hard to implement.

I'm sure you know something about all guys
called "Cyborg" here in the CSDB. ;)
So you must not be dumb.
Checking if there is a "Cyborg"
would not really help you, if you like to add some infos..

Try your luck..

14 scener matches:

1. Cyborg
2. Cyborg (Peter Nys)
3. Cyborg (Shawn Hogan)
4. Cyborg
5. Cyborg
6. Cyborg (Nemanja Bondzulic)
7. Cyborg (Peter)
8. Cyborg (Jimmy)
9. Cyborg
10. Cyborg
11. Cyborg
12. Cyborg
13. Cyborg (Michel Bojawal)
14. Crystal Cyborg
2007-06-09 16:48
CreaMD

Quote: I'm sure you know something about all guys
called "Cyborg" here in the CSDB. ;)
So you must not be dumb.
Checking if there is a "Cyborg"
would not really help you, if you like to add some infos..

Try your luck..

14 scener matches:

1. Cyborg
2. Cyborg (Peter Nys)
3. Cyborg (Shawn Hogan)
4. Cyborg
5. Cyborg
6. Cyborg (Nemanja Bondzulic)
7. Cyborg (Peter)
8. Cyborg (Jimmy)
9. Cyborg
10. Cyborg
11. Cyborg
12. Cyborg
13. Cyborg (Michel Bojawal)
14. Crystal Cyborg

I don't get it. Try to explain it as for a child.And What exactly do you want from me?

2007-06-09 16:55
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: I don't get it. Try to explain it as for a child.And What exactly do you want from me?

A guy and me had the problem to add a release to a Cyborg..
Another one later said a Cyborg exists for the release.
So we delete ours..

You would find a cyborg, nobodys knows why it was deleted and maybe restore him... ;)

It is not because while you're dumb, it is because you don't know the storys behind..

With the option to add why it was deleted..

"too many cyborg errors"

2007-06-09 17:08
chatGPZ

oh please, this is hardly a problem. if you don't know whom to credit for a certain release, open a thread. happened often enough in the past, and could always be solved somehow.
2007-06-09 17:17
CreaMD

Quote: A guy and me had the problem to add a release to a Cyborg..
Another one later said a Cyborg exists for the release.
So we delete ours..

You would find a cyborg, nobodys knows why it was deleted and maybe restore him... ;)

It is not because while you're dumb, it is because you don't know the storys behind..

With the option to add why it was deleted..

"too many cyborg errors"

See. You exactly explained why people have problem to understand you. You expect them to check everything as you did. But they don't feel like doing it. It's much easier for you to tell exactly what you want instead of giving hints and leave people learn themselves (the hard way).

As for adding credit to cyborg. That's the flaw that can be only resolved many different ways. First of them is contacting of the maintainers of the entries, if there aren't any, the forum topic could be started. It's much better to leave the info in DB if it is not yours, and start debate about it. Maybe there should be special thread for tha, so there won't be too much forum topics started that might annoy other users.

And yes. As Groepaz said. "could always be solved somehow.". Wrong information isn't that tragic as misunderstanding between the database users.

roman
2007-06-09 17:24
BAR.
Account closed

This isn't so easy, believe me...

>>> Message sent by: Zyron on 2007-05-06 23:01:32+02
>>> Yes, of course there is graphics credits to a Cyborg in this release.. I had it entered as a comment before which I've now deleted. Maybe it is the correct Cyborg, maybe it isn't.
2007-06-09 17:26
CreaMD

Quote:
This isn't so easy, believe me...

>>> Message sent by: Zyron on 2007-05-06 23:01:32+02
>>> Yes, of course there is graphics credits to a Cyborg in this release.. I had it entered as a comment before which I've now deleted. Maybe it is the correct Cyborg, maybe it isn't.

What do you want to say by that? What do you propose?
2007-06-09 17:33
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: What do you want to say by that? What do you propose?

That it would be easier to inform perff as the main organizer about all deletion and why..
Later nobody knows what was the reason for deletion and
comments like to "many cyborg errors" wouldn't really help..

In a dialogue he would ask like you to understand the reasons..

A option for deletion comments wouldn't really help..

2007-06-09 17:41
CreaMD

Quote: That it would be easier to inform perff as the main organizer about all deletion and why..
Later nobody knows what was the reason for deletion and
comments like to "many cyborg errors" wouldn't really help..

In a dialogue he would ask like you to understand the reasons..

A option for deletion comments wouldn't really help..

Your solution would require Perff spending all his time on checking whatever happens here. Perff can't do everything.

Note what I mentioned few posts above (that doesn't differ that much from what you propose now). 1. Mods watching over logs. 2. Reason given when deleting stuff (this feature is requested and will be added soon).

This will assure two things.

1. There will be more people who might help with this. The load on Perff will be less.

2. Perff /or/ mods will see this reason in logs and decide what to do.

I assure you. Perff don't have time. And don't want to spend entire of his spare-time doing judge and sole administrator of everything here.
2007-06-09 17:56
chatGPZ

btw, while adding that kind of features.... it might be very helpful imho to have an additional type of comments (additionally to the "comments", "trivia" etc) for every entry that can be used to report all sorts of problems, inconsisties etc for an entry. right now many ppl use the regular comments for this, but having it seperated would make it a lot easier to check and browse.
2007-06-09 18:25
CreaMD

Quote: btw, while adding that kind of features.... it might be very helpful imho to have an additional type of comments (additionally to the "comments", "trivia" etc) for every entry that can be used to report all sorts of problems, inconsisties etc for an entry. right now many ppl use the regular comments for this, but having it seperated would make it a lot easier to check and browse.

Nice idea. I think it could be implemented as a sort of release-related bug-report which could be "ticked out" if correction is made. There could be a list of unsolved problems for users and admins to selects from, if they feel like cleaning out the mess.

That would eliminate stumbling upon such requests by chance and increased the possibility that there could be someone between the user, who could be able to provide the necessary data/info.

Unfortunately, what might seem like easy to us, can be few hours of coding for programmer, so it really depends on Perff what he will pick up from the to-do list. But I will try to suggest this to him if he misses it here.
2007-06-09 21:37
Perff
Administrator

I hear.
Like the idea.
Should this be implemented as some free-text field to each entry (like trivia), which could contain all bugs/issues and each bug could then be removed when fixed. (very easy to do)
Or should it be some smarter system like I think I hear you sugest, where each problem have it's own seperate "entry" in the database, and could be ticked out. (bigger coding job)
?
2007-06-09 22:02
chatGPZ

a seperate textfield is ok i guess...the most important (and useful) feature would be the possibility to list all entries with such problems, so you can go through them one after the other.
2007-06-28 11:22
BAR.
Account closed

OH, yes the informations should be free, that's while i added the infos to the groups. Seems someone didn't like that because now you know what's up with the "Heroes".
Anyway if anyone likes to know more about a person look at exotica, google or ask me. ;)

I can't understand why it was removed ?
You wanted the infos be free.

Because of the real names ?
You can find them everywhere f.e. in the net, on disk..

If there were mistakes you missed the chances years ago to
blame the sources.
2007-06-28 11:27
BAR.
Account closed

http://www.exotica.org.uk/info/scenery/online64/
http://www.exotica.org.uk/info/scenery/online64/a.html

I accept the removing of personal data if anyone don't like the details published here in CSDB.
2007-06-28 11:58
chatGPZ

dear baracuda, the reason for removing it was that the information in scenery is WRONG in many cases and doesnt add any value whatsoever (except for the useless realnames).

(and when linking to it, atleast link to the most recent version, the one on exotica is outdated for years)
2007-06-28 12:09
BAR.
Account closed

There were some infos included when a member joined or left a group, Tobias. As the groups were locked i simply added the
infos as comment. If there were mistakes, then this were
old mistakes till ages like every source could have, even CSDB. Thanks to Mason, Jazzcat and others for their comments about me. hehe.. But as groupmembers they had the chance to tell the sources "their truth" or post a comment or something else.

I know the rules and would never publish a private address written in some mags or your phonenumber..

Again they react like kids which get stolen a ball..
Calling me fucker, newbie or others..
I don't care, even about the fakes because i don't feed the trolls.
2007-06-28 12:15
chatGPZ

Quote:

There were some infos included when a member joined or left a group, Tobias.

yes, and that "info" is most of the time very wrong.

Quote:

If there were mistakes, then this were
old mistakes till ages like every source could have, even CSDB.

scenery isnt a "source". its a collection of info glenn collected from some diskmags more than 10 years ago, and which werent ever really verified by anyone.

Quote:

But as groupmembers they had the chance to tell the sources "their truth" or post a comment or something else.

what for, scenery is dead and no more maintained. its long supersceeded by other projects such as csdb.

Quote:

I don't care, even about the fakes because i don't feed the trolls.

oh, ofcourse you do :) the selection of groups you pasted your "info" to makes it very obvious.

you are desperatly trying to be somehow important, and you fail every time. poor baracuda :(
2007-06-28 12:18
BAR.
Account closed

CSDB included many errors and you know that..
Why not merging the stuff together ?

If you read a mag or papermag there is no one telling you
"the truth" then.

Can't understand the problem..

I don't need to be important..
I don't comment everything..
I don't delete others datas..
I don't open threads about useless stuff..
I don't attack others..

I only support information.
You have everytime the chance to correct them or add something..

Take a look at my profile..
There are no credits, no releases, and no events..
Because lame events with KB, Crossbow, others no one like to read, Hehe..

2007-06-28 12:27
chatGPZ

Quote:

so we can have even more errors? GREAT IDEA!
2007-06-28 12:33
BAR.
Account closed

so we can have even more errors? GREAT IDEA!

or correct some...

Yes, a great idea !

It seems there are others around which must be very important,
look at their posted values, how they react and how often you see them even a new thread is open...

2007-06-28 13:30
Burglar

Quote:
I accept the removing of personal data if anyone don't like the details published here in CSDB.

dude, personal data may *NEVER EVER* be added without the person saying he wants his private data published anywhere. It's *not* the other way around.

please ban this idiot.
2007-06-28 13:34
Mace

Only personal information that is free to publish anywhere on the net is that of scener 6061.
2007-06-28 13:51
Jazzcat

Bar, Barracuda or whatever you call yourself:

The scenery site is out of date and incorrect. Regarding group information such as memberstatus etc. The Onslaught status is extremely well documented as I've cross-referenced my own information since 1995 (group magazine Vandalism News as well as my own notes). Adding silly notes without the courtesy of a personal message is ridiculous.

You wonder why people dislike you on this database. Have a look at some of your actions, these reflect your character.

If your actions aren't deliberate, then you must ponder why they are being misinterpreted and adjust accordingly!
2007-06-28 14:04
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: Bar, Barracuda or whatever you call yourself:

The scenery site is out of date and incorrect. Regarding group information such as memberstatus etc. The Onslaught status is extremely well documented as I've cross-referenced my own information since 1995 (group magazine Vandalism News as well as my own notes). Adding silly notes without the courtesy of a personal message is ridiculous.

You wonder why people dislike you on this database. Have a look at some of your actions, these reflect your character.

If your actions aren't deliberate, then you must ponder why they are being misinterpreted and adjust accordingly!

The scenery site is out of date and incorrect..
-Yes but includes details and CSDB is incorrect also.

The Onslaught status is extremely well documented..
-That's while i add the info for this group.

You wonder why people dislike you on this database.
- Oh every time the same people..
- There are others who like me, Thanks.

..these reflect your character.
Are you an psychic analyst ?

Only my best friends know me and only my scene friends
know what i did or who i am.

..your actions are misinterpreted
- Only if you search for a needle in the haystack.
- Or if you look out for negative vibrations..

David, there is no one really able to tell the "real truth" after so many C64 years... We must search for all infos we could get and maybe correct them.

2007-06-28 15:22
chatGPZ

Quote:

more incorrect details \o/

Quote:

that's not a sentence in the first place.

btw, i just talked to exobuzz and he updated the exotica page with the latest scenery. not that it matters, but atleast it's only 5 years outdated now (but still incorrect).

2007-06-28 15:40
BAR.
Account closed

more incorrect details \o/

Quote:

that's not a sentence in the first place.

btw, i just talked to exobuzz and he updated the exotica page with the latest scenery. not that it matters, but atleast it's only 5 years outdated now (but still incorrect).

I checked the saved data with the new datas and he changed something..

Last update
28-Jun-2007 15:20
2007-06-28 15:42
chatGPZ

Quote:
I checked the saved data with the new datas and he changed something.

no shit, what do you think "update" means? *rolls eyes*
2007-06-28 15:52
BAR.
Account closed

I checked the saved data with the new datas and he changed something.

no shit, what do you think "update" means? *rolls eyes*

...not that it matters, but atleast it's only 5 years outdated now (but still incorrect).

Now all can have a closer look at the old infos and the
"correct" or new infos..

Old:

This version excludes the Party Release section as it is being reworked. Latest version available - 2.00 (January 27th 2004)

http://www.exotica.org.uk/info/scenery/archive/scenery64.zip

http://www.exotica.org.uk/info/scenery/scenery64.html

If you browse, you get the updated infos now..

2007-06-28 16:03
chatGPZ

Quote:
Now all can have a closer look at the old infos and the "correct" or new infos..

oh boy, they could have done that before simply by looking at glenns site, where the latest (or last) version was online for ages.
2007-06-28 16:04
BAR.
Account closed

Now all can have a closer look at the old infos and the "correct" or new infos..

oh boy, they could have done that before simply by looking at glenns site, where the latest (or last) version was online for ages.

yes, blame them and the lazy ones not helping them...
Post the correct link, now.
2007-06-28 16:08
Trazan

Too much crap - Closing this for some time untill barcuda logs off and we can have a good discussion again without trolling.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Apollyon/ALD
ruk/Booze Design
Falborg
Freestyle/Illusion
rambo/Therapy/ Resou..