Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Evaluating the moderation of CSDb
2007-09-25 09:11
Laxity

Evaluating the moderation of CSDb

I think it's time to evaluate how the moderation of CSDb is going. Good/bad?.. Anyone?

Something just struct my eye. I just saw the "moderation rules" thread (started by Oswald) being closed for no obvious reason (Ok, Steppe said - "close thread?" or something). I disagree in such an approach to moderation. The moderator should not close a thread unless it's going really bad, and warnings have been issued; furthermore I think moderators who personally participate in a discussion should be rendered powerless over moderating that particular discussion. Furthermore, when closing a thread, I think a reason for doing so should be given..

Oh, and this is not supposed to be another "bitching" topic. I'd like to call and everybody interested to state their thoughts. Good AND bad. Not just bad, please!..

... 150 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-10-01 18:54
CreaMD

Quote: Roman, yes I am an individual :) so are everyone else complaining about moderation, each of them are stating their individual claims on their individual experiences of the moderation here. Also as an individual I can only judge things based on my individual experiences. Do you have something against this?:)

Yes. The fact that you and few other are the loudest ones against the way how it is moderated here doesn't mean that rest of the users share your opinion. A bit lame trasnlation of a proverb follows: "The goose that was hit is gaggling." ;-)
2007-10-01 19:29
Stainless Steel

Quoting CreaMD
100 PTS! ;-)

For what ?

2007-10-01 19:51
CreaMD

Quote: Quoting CreaMD
100 PTS! ;-)

For what ?

For good point that I quoted above.
2007-10-01 20:12
Celtic
Administrator

what people seem to forget is that this is a hobby for everyone here, even the moderators. Posting an explanation after deleting a post/oneliner/comment will cost them a whole lot more time. and that would suck for them.

stop whining, this place has been better since they started. If you have a problem, contact them, all these guys a pretty normal people who can respond to a question or comment.

Would you like to spend everyday moderating this site for a couple of hours because some of the people here make a mess or insult people, or doing whatever.

'oh my oh my, my post is deleted, they have it in for me, and only me'. All this is taken so personal here, i just dont get it that after all these years everybody still behaves like the teenage kids we were when were actually starting out.

There are a few people in this thread that actually try to debate this, but too many people here hold grudges because one or a couple of their posts has been removed.

But seeing that this is causing such a stir, perhaps Perff can make a function where a message is immediatly automatically send to the user after something is deleted.

But please, if this ever happens, dont start bitching about 'too short' of an explanation.

ah well... my boredom is over so i will get out of your hairs.
2007-10-01 20:37
Oswald

there is hardly anything to moderate here. check the daily list of usercomments and forum posts. takes about 10 minutes to read all the new posts daily. I dont see it would be too much work for a handful of moderators.

"If you have a problem, contact them, all these guys a pretty normal people who can respond to a question or comment. "

despite asked we still dont know why 2 totally neutral threads were closed and whiped from all posts.

"too many people here hold grudges because one or a couple of their posts has been removed."

me and fman ? why is that too many? you set it up like there would be hundreds of posts to moderate, and tens of ppl would flame the mods for it. this is not the case.
2007-10-01 21:07
CreaMD

Quote: there is hardly anything to moderate here. check the daily list of usercomments and forum posts. takes about 10 minutes to read all the new posts daily. I dont see it would be too much work for a handful of moderators.

"If you have a problem, contact them, all these guys a pretty normal people who can respond to a question or comment. "

despite asked we still dont know why 2 totally neutral threads were closed and whiped from all posts.

"too many people here hold grudges because one or a couple of their posts has been removed."

me and fman ? why is that too many? you set it up like there would be hundreds of posts to moderate, and tens of ppl would flame the mods for it. this is not the case.

Your under and over estimates are laughable.

2007-10-02 02:57
chatGPZ

Quote:

Your under and over estimates are laughable.

<rant>

totally. infact, hearing this kind of stuff who <quote>doesn't want to help</quote> but who instead supports controversial claims often seemingly only to stir the shit some more doesn't make me wanna laugh at all. it makes me wanna hit my screen with a hammer.

and to give the "oh oh damn dictator mods, this isn't <insert favourite dictatorship country>" whiners something to think:

look at the amount of accounts (users) here on csdb. then look at how many people complain here, or even in all recent related threads. now if this would be a true democratic process and a reasonable percentage of the users would be involved into a decision, what would be the "weight" of your individual voice?

also some people seem to have little idea how forums are usually maintained. i've been on a few, and none of them would tolerate challanging the moderators, rules, whatever or even a discussion about it like it has been done here.

and learn to deal with opinions that do not match yours. do not mix up this whole discussion with the fight for freeedom in <your favourite dictatorship country>, because it really isn't.

that said, i am going to spend some more irrelevant hours on the database now. and obviously while i am at it, i will also delete some stuff from arbitrary users, just because i think they are not elite. or maybe i could censor some more comments from someone just for him beeing hungarian. or i delete some more stuff for the database for beeing lame newschool crap.

because i am an elitist fascist bastard gestapo moderator.

live with it, punks.

</rant>
2007-10-02 03:26
Oswald

"infact, hearing this kind of stuff ... makes me wanna hit my screen with a hammer."

"learn to deal with opinions that do not match yours. "

you start it.
2007-10-02 04:28
chatGPZ

somehow i get the feeling that you mix up dealing with different opinions with agreeing with them.
2007-10-02 07:22
Frantic

100% agreement to Groepaz.

I get the impression that some c64 people are more and more taking stuff for granted, and when stuff doesn't fit their expectations perfectly you'll hear a lot of whining. I bit sad to see in a movement that was once characterized by a "do it yourself" attitude. Luckily this doesn't apply to everyone. Thumbs up to the non-whiners.

Arguments like "why is scener X allowed to rant on the forums while I am not" is just so incredibly... yeah.. you know.

Let's return to the spirit of Laxitys original post in this thread, or something.
Previous - 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
El Jefe/sidDivers
psych
Guests online: 110
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)