Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Any rule for adding screenshoots for cracks releases?
2009-11-01 00:40
V-12

Any rule for adding screenshoots for cracks releases?

I've noticed, that someone adds screenshots for latest added releases. Nothing odd, but I've realised, that lots of those screenshoots are wrong - they are taken directly from the game, not from the cracktro(s). Imho the screenshoots should show the differences between other cracks and adding screenshoot directly from game will not show the difference for someone, who wants to find a proper crack instead of downloading all files from csdb.

Here are some examples:
The Untouchables 2-4
Altered Beast [tape]
Music Shop
CoverGirl Strip Poker

And maybe others... Someone can take care about it and check who added these screenshoots and tell him that it would be more better to add screenshoots from cracktros, instead from games? Looking forward for any feedback for this proposal :)

... 14 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2009-11-02 17:35
chatGPZ

indeed. *only* the credits that refer to the actual crack belong into the entry of the crack. no more no less.
2009-11-02 17:53
GT
Account closed

And music driver credits aswell. That would be neat. :-P
2009-11-02 18:31
V-12

Quote: you shouldnt link ANY sid files to a crack- neither for the crack intro nor for the game. crack intro sid files should be linked to a separate crack intro entry associated with the crack. otherwise sid file links(and crack intro credits) would have to be duplicated over tens and hundreds of cracks using the same cracktro.

Personally I dislike this idea. I prefer to have everything listed as it appears on release (like we are doing on discogs.com). Credits, sid files etc., just everything. Even, if the same credits goes for 50 cracks using the same cracktro. It's fine - we can see which sid for example was most used in cracktros etc :D

I also dislike idea of adding ripped cracktros as separate entrys but I'm not the creator of rules here :).
2009-11-02 19:04
Moloch

Which is a good thing apparently or the database would be so bloated you couldn't fit it inside Airwolf.
2009-11-02 19:18
GT
Account closed

Quote: Personally I dislike this idea. I prefer to have everything listed as it appears on release (like we are doing on discogs.com). Credits, sid files etc., just everything. Even, if the same credits goes for 50 cracks using the same cracktro. It's fine - we can see which sid for example was most used in cracktros etc :D

I also dislike idea of adding ripped cracktros as separate entrys but I'm not the creator of rules here :).

Finally someone with brain. ;-)
2009-11-02 21:21
Matt

Quote: Which is a good thing apparently or the database would be so bloated you couldn't fit it inside Airwolf.

lol

on: UnFREEz is a small & handy little tool to make animated gifs.
I always add screenshots from the crackintro, sometimes the trainer menu and couple of ingame screenshots.
I just think it looks neater that way heh.
2009-11-03 08:16
chatGPZ

Quote:
Personally I dislike this idea. I prefer to have everything listed as it appears on release (like we are doing on discogs.com). Credits, sid files etc., just everything. Even, if the same credits goes for 50 cracks using the same cracktro. It's fine - we can see which sid for example was most used in cracktros etc :D

putting everything into one entry, credits for the intro, the crack and the game, would result in a giant mess. how would you tell what credit belongs to what?

wether everything is *displayed* on one page is a completely different matter - and has nothing to do with the structure of the database. that could (and should) be fixed in the presentation layer, and only there.

(and infact, no. if you did it like you suggest you couldnt find out what tune was used most in cracktros at all. the only thing you could get out of the mess would be "the most used tune used in cracktros/demos/games/everything")
2009-11-03 10:34
V-12

Some days ago I came with new idea for CSDB structure.

Something like tagged credits (blocks?). Lemme show you example:

Intro:
--------
code: blabla
msx: blabla
fonts: blabla
graphics: blabla

Trainer:
---------
trained by: sfdsfdsf
bugfixed by: dfgfdgfdg
ori supply: sdfdgdfgh

Game:
------

other credits

I doubt, if we should then add credits for game if this is a crack release for example - we can discuss that.

Same could go for demos:

Intro:
------
credits....

Part 1 (name of this part if it has, date of made because more mega demos were done in several days):
credits....

part 2
------
credits...

This idea would be really fantastic imho. Everyoune could see, who made what in every release. not only

code... sfsdfds
music... gfdgfdg

where we don;t know if that person coded 1 byte or whole release :)

What ya think about these solution? For me it would be nice feature :)
2009-11-03 10:43
chatGPZ

linking the intro to cracks already does something similar :) and yes it would be nice to make it even more detailed .... then again perff already has a long list of things that need to be done (we probably should make a public version of that, so we dont have to discuss this stuff again and again every few months =P)
2009-11-03 12:39
AlexC

Quote: linking the intro to cracks already does something similar :) and yes it would be nice to make it even more detailed .... then again perff already has a long list of things that need to be done (we probably should make a public version of that, so we dont have to discuss this stuff again and again every few months =P)

Please do! This will be valuable info. In fact it should be pinned somewhere on top of the page.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Flavioweb/🇮🇹HF..
anonym/padua
Guests online: 64
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)