Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Proposed rule change
2011-05-22 02:44
Martin Piper

Proposed rule change

I would like to propose a rule change. If an admin is involved in posting in a thread they are not allowed to use their admin powers to delete posts, issue warnings or lock threads. This would help stop the situations where an admin who loses an argument can abuse their powers to remove the posts they personally disagree with.

... 138 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2011-05-24 06:10
Martin Piper

The fact you still don't get it just makes you and the site look bad. The fact is you're wrong for the reasons already given. It also demonstrates a very poor attitude for a moderator to have.
2011-05-24 06:16
chatGPZ

Quote:
Sometimes i really think some of you would prefer this to be a purely archeological database with a stripped down search-frontend. Hell, That would save us all a lot of spare time.

i'd remove the forum and the useless comments right now, indeed. and maybe also kick every user who didnt upload shit in the last months =P

Quote:
when i compare this to forum64.de this threat would have been already closed and the one or other user temp. banned.

good one - been there done that. didnt agree with moderators and non existing rules. solution: i am no more posting.

as for private donations, i take them too: http://hitmen.c02.at/html/hitmen_donations.html
2011-05-24 06:20
Martin Piper

Quoting The Communist
we do not give a fuck about the opinions of others

And at last, we see the utter failure of what you're resorting to, i.e. "don't care la la la".

I wonder, do you speak for the owner of this site and the other mods?
I do not think so. You're wrong and your posts demonstrate exactly how you're failing to make any valid argument.
2011-05-24 06:24
chatGPZ

you were loosing it the very moment you tried to construct some kind of right that you got from the fact you donated.
2011-05-24 06:26
Martin Piper

Quote: Quoting Martin Piper
Yes I know. My point sill stands, by accepting donations from the public this is not a private site.

there are two condtions, public and private. as this site isn't funded by taxes and doesn't belong to a gov organization it is private. though it does accept donations doesn't turn it public outside your universe. we do not give a fuck about the opinions of others but we also do not accept every demand of the users (some are quite abstract or barefaced).

when i compare this to forum64.de this threat would have been already closed and the one or other user temp. banned.

By the way, it has nothing to do with taxes or government funding, you're completely missing the point.

The point is this board does not have closed membership and accepts donations from the public. Both of these things make this board the opposite of "private" as you repeatedly and fallaciously claimed.

If you want to continue to claim this board is "private" you're going to have to change it to a completely closed private membership by invitation model and stop accepting donations from the public. Since you cannot accomplish this then your claims about being private are nothing but misrepresentation.
2011-05-24 06:29
Martin Piper

Quote: you were loosing it the very moment you tried to construct some kind of right that you got from the fact you donated.

I've not claimed anything about "rights linked to donations", so you wrong to say it.

I have only pointed out the public donation aspect to show how the claims of being private are wrong.
2011-05-24 06:36
The Communist

martin with "we do NOT give a fuck" i meant that "we DO care about the users in general" otherwise i would have said "we give a fuck"
2011-05-24 06:45
chatGPZ

Quote:
The point is this board does not have closed membership

last time i checked new members have to apply and then the moderators decide if he may join. thats pretty closed membership to me - pretty similar to good old BBSs.
2011-05-24 06:46
Martin Piper

In common English "we do not give a fuck about" means "we do not care about".
2011-05-24 06:49
Martin Piper

Quote: Quote:
The point is this board does not have closed membership

last time i checked new members have to apply and then the moderators decide if he may join. thats pretty closed membership to me - pretty similar to good old BBSs.

As I said the membership is not invitation only. The account registration page is public. Ergo it is public.
Previous - 1 | ... | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Unkle K/Reset Magazi..
Bieno/Commodore Plus
zscs
Guests online: 122
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)