Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > creating "collection" of graphics/demos on a single subject?
2010-07-23 09:44
STE'86

creating "collection" of graphics/demos on a single subject?

whilst uploading and viewing stuff on here it occurred to me that there is quite alot of 2000ad inspired art and demos from the 80's up on here.

i was wondering if it would be acceptable to create a 2000ad "collection" database entry containing just entries on this subject. and if it was acceptable, what would be the best way of going about it?

Steve

... 30 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-07-23 20:28
v3to

speaking of c64pixels i do not see a problem either if motion, enthusi and me together can provide a specification for comic heroes in general. one rule is that there should be no gaps for tags.
2010-07-23 20:46
STE'86

ok this is encouraging but i am not sure how to interpret "no gaps for tags"

do u mean that everything must be tagged? (i think u will have alot more trouble tagging modern stuff because from what i have seen its far more abstract/fine art than the classic stuff)

you wouldnt really have to decide on a "specification" for anything.

take for instance my judge dredd, its tags would probably be something like:

Judge Dredd, Judge, Dredd, 2000ad, comic

pretty straightforward i think.

i would gladly provide tags and search terms for all my stuff and help on any oldschool stuff i could

Steve
2010-07-23 20:51
enthusi

The search for Judge Death btw would be simplified if the uploader would have listed that 'name' in the AKA field, which is what should be done currently. So it turns up in searches. For the mentioned need I see no reason to TAG things. Though this is slightly off-topic now.
I like tags for gfx, I was among those that 'demanded' gfx-modes (and especially HiRes) in CSDb. That's a reasonable tag. 'red dragons' isnt in _my_ point of view.
2010-07-23 20:55
v3to

steve: it is similar to the idea to add tags for the original artist like boris vallejo. if the pic that has been added recently is not clear the pic will not be published until things are cleared up.

if a visitor of c64pixels sends a message assuming one picture is a copy it goes straight ahead to the currently hidden "missing reference folder".

if we add a new tag for topic (code T/) this is binding the whole database.
2010-07-23 21:13
STE'86

Quote: The search for Judge Death btw would be simplified if the uploader would have listed that 'name' in the AKA field, which is what should be done currently. So it turns up in searches. For the mentioned need I see no reason to TAG things. Though this is slightly off-topic now.
I like tags for gfx, I was among those that 'demanded' gfx-modes (and especially HiRes) in CSDb. That's a reasonable tag. 'red dragons' isnt in _my_ point of view.

do you not?

so if i wanted to see all the pics on csdb from the genre of 2000ad then i could do this how? serching for 200ad brings up 3 demos and no pics.

if i could
a) add them to a collection or preferably

b) add tags i could get to see the same 3 demos PLUS

4-5 of my own pics plus judge dredds from Dokk and Cas, the 4 judge deaths already mentioned, another armageddon pic by IG, waldo the demo from skuzz and at least 3 nemesis the warlock pics.

these are all just off the top of my head without further searching.

see the need now? and just maybe if people actually got to see the classic stuff, they might even vote on it :)

further genres for tags could be "movie" "portrait" "self portrait" "sci fi" "fantasy" etc ad nauseum

Steve
2010-07-23 21:15
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Groepaz shits in the nettles again...
2010-07-23 21:22
GT
Account closed

What a stupid community this has evolved into. Normal humans respects eachother. Kidz...
2010-07-24 12:20
Wile Coyote

@enthusi
'Red_Dragon' sure, but 'Dragon' would be fine.

For single graphic releases, a limit of 10 tags would be ideal.

For single audio releases, a limit of 10 tages would be ideal.

For multi part demos, a limit of 50 tags would be ideal.

2010-07-24 12:45
Moloch

Quoting Geir
What a stupid community this has evolved into. Normal humans respects eachother. Kidz...

This is nothing new, of course ... it's always been this way ...
2010-07-24 13:12
JCB
Account closed

I don't think "red dragon" is a sensible tag either (it's not really what I said). 2 tags, red and dragon, why not? Then you've still got the standard dragon tag and someone might have decided to add "red" tag to some of them. The idea is if someone wants to further subdivide a tag search result by adding colour themes/whatever to them then it's only adding more options to help people find specific images.

Once again, not saying it's necessary just don't see a problem if someone wanted to do it.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
nucleus/TempesT
Alakran_64
wil
Pantaloon/Fairlight
Honesty/Covenant/Ons..
Krill/Plush