Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Werner ! (Registered 2024-05-30) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Church of C64
2004-11-13 19:28
Monte Carlos

Church of C64

What is this Church of C64 thing about?
It makes me suspicious, because they come up with
a very hirarchical organisation and seem to introduce
"Pay members" again.

Monte Carlos

... 75 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-11-17 19:13
Hate Bush

Pretty hefty area to fill it in. Thinka bout it. Church of...

...non-maskable interrupts (for the enthusiasts of using natural forms of contraception in public)
...open sideborders (for the immigrants)
...holy reset button (for those being detoxicated)
...pulsespeed (for the cardiologists)

See, you can even count on people outside the C64 scene to join. That much money and it just waits on the ground to be picked up.

PS. I'm bored as fuck (waiting for the 65-minutes-long wave file to be saved). Yes.
2004-11-17 19:58
drake
Account closed

please.....
2004-11-17 20:03
White Flame

monte: "The point is of how to bring the message of c64 to the masses."

Erm, do the masses want the "message of C64"? Do we want "the masses"? There are still people starting out with the C64 for the first time, as well as people returning to it after decades away. I don't think that trying mechanize that process is a Good Thing(tm). Let the people of C64 come out of their own volition.
2004-11-17 20:23
Derision

Quote: monte: "The point is of how to bring the message of c64 to the masses."

Erm, do the masses want the "message of C64"? Do we want "the masses"? There are still people starting out with the C64 for the first time, as well as people returning to it after decades away. I don't think that trying mechanize that process is a Good Thing(tm). Let the people of C64 come out of their own volition.

Amen.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
2004-11-18 13:08
Monte Carlos

>>The point is of how to bring the message of c64 to the >>masses.

Sorry, but i didn't come up with that idea.
Read the Church 64 page.

But your'e right, i was going a little to far, too.
2004-11-19 20:34
enthusi

Well, maybe its just me, but what do 'church' & 'religion' have in common after all?
A church of c64 is IMHO really really nothing anybody needs. And IF there should be someone in need for that it might be considered if there's nothing else MUCH more needed!
As for the usual, modern church... I know only very few people going to church to praise someone honestly...
And I just dont wanna discuss the term 'love' - especially not when it concerns machines.
Just a statement :o) People loving machines dont love themselves.
If going to church helps - there you go.

Graham: the question of god is not one of existence. Though I believe rather in 'good' than god. But it can be seen pretty closely.
Whatever.
Oh, please add 'I think' to all I say. I hate guys (females doubly so) that claim truth with every crap they say.

One survivor... signing off...
enthusi.
2004-11-19 22:32
dalezy

church is just a losely chosen term. just remember the COS - they're not a real church in the actual meaning, they're rather a cult. (ok, lets pretend the lavey-mansion is in fact a church)

i see the idea of the new church of c64 as a cult as well. though, without knowing pingu, i don't see that thing to happen. the whole idea is fucking absurd anyway.
2004-11-19 22:36
carlsson

Interestingly, the web page said the membership fees would go to an application fee to register Church of C64 as an official religion in Sweden.

In Sweden, between 0.6 and 1.5% of your income, depending on which region you live in, is taxated to your favorite church of choice, or not at all if you have chosen not to a member of any church or religion.

If the founders of this movement actually would succeed in registering a religion, the members can in theory assign their tax money to the C64 church. Dunno if that would end up as pocket money to Pingo et. al, if it would sponsor a web site or come to good use.
2004-11-19 22:41
Rattus
Account closed

Yep...
I think the church of C64 or whatever is kind of a sick joke... I consider myself highly religious... I almost never go to church, but I believe in God and Jesus... So what ? But I really can't take it anymore with these 'churches'... Wrong, all wrong...

>"Just a statement :o) People loving machines dont love >themselves."

And besides my wife and my two lovely rats, I also love all of my Commodore 64's.

2004-11-19 22:43
Pater Pi
Account closed

How is it with registering a religion ins weden? is money all you need? i guess not, at least not here in germany. there are a lot of criterias that must be filled with having a huge followership being one of the main (oh god, my english sucks:=)
To be honest, I also thought about how nice it would be to have that small&inactive demo-group changed into some losely based "religion" with a huge followship so we'll get some church-building from the state for regular use (for parties ofcourse)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
msolajic
Holy Moses/Role
MMS_Z
Operator Teleksu
CA$H/TRiAD
kbs/Pht/Lxt