Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Jedfox ! (Registered 2024-05-28) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Church of C64
2004-11-13 19:28
Monte Carlos

Church of C64

What is this Church of C64 thing about?
It makes me suspicious, because they come up with
a very hirarchical organisation and seem to introduce
"Pay members" again.

Monte Carlos

... 75 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-11-19 22:56
Rattus
Account closed

Fine ,but don't ever call it CHURCH.
2004-11-19 23:21
dalezy

pater pi, well, everything that wants to count as religious movement in whatever way - other than christianity - is per definition a sect in germany (i still have the papers that state exactly that somewhere), but can be treated as philosphical congrecation/cult if it meets certain terms and rules in a wisely chosen way .. not sure how it works in other countries, but if it's that easy to register religious movements just by handing money over to the government, i start to question another part of the not-so-openmindedness of our state. =)
2004-11-21 00:56
ready.

My personal point of view about "love". Enthusi said:"People loving machines dont love themselves" and Rattus said:"And besides my wife and my two lovely rats, I also love all of my Commodore 64's". When can I say I love someone? I truly love someone when I freely decide to give up part of my time, comfort, life, coding on my C64 or whatever thing I consider important to dedicate myself to that person. Jesus gave up his life for all of us, he showed us how far people's "love" for themself could go, being an obstacole to many who had power at his time, just because he claimed true love. If I truly love material things, money, power, ..... I give my life for that and in my humanity I realize I do this too often, but I also know this kills me. Please don't misunderstand me: I'm not saying material things are bad, not at all, I'm just saying I think that considering material things as a cult or as a god, is an abomination. We are made to love each other and material things are just intruments to do this. I think that programming on the c64 can be both an abomination as well as a holy thing. If I devote myself to programming while a friend of mine is in need of my presence for whatever reason, I consider it an abomination. It is a holy thing when it brings us toghether, brings us on this forum, realizing how many different points of view we have and that it is nice to respect each other and learn from each other. Being on this forum thanks the to c64, it is also nice that we discuss what love is and that everybody may give his/her word about it. One day someone asked me a fundamental question, a question some demo sceners pointed out on a christmas demo a few year ago: what's the meaning of life? Personally I think love for each other is the meaning of life.
2004-11-21 14:37
enthusi

oh, my bad.
For me true love means beeing loved back. Its an interactive 'thing'. Sure I can be 'in love' (damn, seems like I'll need quite many ''') withsomeone not sharing it (yes, I think that happened to me before :o).
My C64 is my precious for sure :o)
And I in some way love my cat but for me the love to a nonliving thing can not exist. Its bipolar in every way.

2004-11-21 15:57
Steppe

I also love my C64, but the important thing is: He loves me, too! We're one hell of a couple! ;-)
http://www.demodungeon.com/love.png
2004-11-21 21:05
yago

Why does a Religion need Love ?
A God is something you pray to, and except for GWBush, most of the Time he does not answer!
2004-11-23 09:35
ready.

Every some years a group of Christian priests are sent two by two, randomly coupled, all over Europe bringing to whatever place they happen to the message that God loves us. They usually start their journey with no money and ask for hospitality by churches or houses. They often get refused, that’s ok since Jesus was refused too, but still supported by God. Some years ago two of them got badly refused by a priest they asked hospitality to. In that moment they were proved really hard since they had been starving for days, collecting refuses all over….time passed….this summer they got chosen together and were sent in the same place they had been before. They were despaired. When they got to the place they went again to the same priest who had refused them the time before. When he saw them he stared crying and gave them hospitality, saying he had been wishing some day they could come back so that he show them how sorry he was for the previous time.

I wrote all this because I think that God wants to make a story with each one of us. Christian religion goes hand in hand with love. In life we often experience deaths, every day, when we are refused or we suffer, etc. but God offers us a way of not dieing under these things. It is also true we are free to refuse God and think he does not care about us. God does not force us, if we want we can notice him. His greatest act of love to us was Jesus who proved that with God we can win death. He resurrected, so can we all the times we experience something that kills us (morally of course) and pray God to heal our sufferings.
2004-11-23 10:25
dalezy

know the power of your pills.
2004-11-23 11:14
Oswald

"Christian religion goes hand in hand with love."

u have any idea how much ppl were killed in the name of god?

that sentence sounds like a joke to me
2004-11-23 13:15
ready.

true, nothing more true that the Christian Church during inquisition killed many people. Humans made many crimes in the name of God and the Chruch regognized its mistakes during the last years. The Pope in the '80s asked for forgiveness for the sins the Church made to Galileo Galilei. It is also true that the Church has done so many good things, remeber Mother Teresa of Calcut and her dedication to leprose people. The point is that man is free to commit sin, but God still has love for those sinners, even if he doesn't approve their acting. Don't focus on what man did in the past, we should instead seek God in our lives, taking into account that humans may be wrong many times. The sentence "Christian religion goes hand in hand with love" refears to the relation God wants to have with us, in fact I didn't write Christian Church, due to the faulties we all know.
About the pills...I wouldn't have written these things years ago, I do now that I realized how much God acts in my life, I speak just because of my personal experience.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
rexbeng
Grue/Extend
pcollins/Quantum
DeeKay/Crest
Barfly/Extend