Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Church of C64
2004-11-13 19:28
Monte Carlos

Church of C64

What is this Church of C64 thing about?
It makes me suspicious, because they come up with
a very hirarchical organisation and seem to introduce
"Pay members" again.

Monte Carlos

... 75 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-11-27 18:12
Oswald

"It is better to live your life as if there are no Gods, and try to make the world a better place for your being in it. If there is no God, you have lost nothing, and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent God, He will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believe in Him."

IMHO things like that are just a good excuse not to believe in god, and make yourself safe if god exists though.

Pathetic.

If you *dont* believe in god, why do you live your life as what if he/she still exists, and make sure you'll get into heaven ? This is worse than simply not believing. This is like knowing god exists, but living as what if not, but making sure besides u'll get into heaven.

2004-11-27 18:44
ready.

@bugjam: somewhere in the Bible, in one of the Vangels, Jesus says we have different charisms. Someone is called to be a priest, someone in called to get married, someone is called to code on the c64, someone is called to work at some place..... there's a God's will for each one of us, and each one of us can find God's will in his/her history just by leaving some room in his/her heart for God. God's will for us is to make us happy. I tried to find happyness in many things in life, sex, videogames, studying, friends, money... but I realized that none of these things had happyness just by itself. I happened to find myself alone once, away from home, and there some friends who told me there's a God who loves me. At first I looked at them with suspicion because I knew they acted weird: no sex b4 marrieage, praying a God I berely belived in, no masturbation, and so on.... they didn’t impose me anything, nor tried to convince me they were better than me. They just lived their life with God and I saw how happy they were, even in front of certain tragedies of life such as somebody’s death. The choices I took in my life occured little by little, at first there were many things I didn’t (and still don’t) understand, just like you, all I knew was that there was a chance that God loved me, everything else came after that.
2004-11-29 07:25
jailbird

"If you *dont* believe in god, why do you live your life as what if he/she still exists"

Oswald, from where did you get this from? The quote says: "try to make the world a better place for your fucking being in it". There's absolutely nothing about living your life as if God or Gods exist.

I don't see anything pathetic about living as a person who's absolutely careless about any kind of religions whilst trying to live a life by its own decisions or rules. Let *me* be the responsible to decide what is good for me and my environment. And gosh, even if a christian, muslim, jew, buddhist or some other God actually exists, I don't fucking care, as long as my morality stays clean. According to you Oswald, I *must* prefer one side of view, and the only choices are to believe and curse non-believers or to refuse God and hate the church-boys, yes?
For some time, I was interested in christianity, however, I met with strong doubts in some of its ultimate truths. Yet, I still celebrate christmas and the resurrection, and probably you too.

By the way, according to the Bible, you should relate to the christian God as a male. No he/she, but *He*, the heavenly father of Jesus, mona mie.

Further, I don't think that this may be the most appropriate place to discuss belief. You have just read my last post on this topic. Amen.
2004-12-04 04:02
bugjam

@Steppe: Well, it wasn´t me who came up with the pope...

@ready.: "Someone is called to be a priest, someone in called to get married, someone is called to code on the c64, someone is called to work at some place..... there's a God's will for each one of us, and each one of us can find God's will in his/her history just by leaving some room in his/her heart for God."
Careful with that... If I had to continue the list, I would come up with "someone is called to murder, someone is called to wage war (against the axis of evil)..." and so on. With god´s will you can excuse quite a lot of not-very-nice stuff. I just think that one could use his/her brain in a better way than trying to guess what god has in mind with his/her life.
But nevertheless, I do not want to spoil your happiness with your belief. Just wanted to make my point.
2004-12-04 23:33
ready.

@bugjam: I agree with you, mostly. Sure there's been and there still are people who murder, steal and do all kinds of sins claiming they are in the name of God. God also gave us a brain and we are ALL called to use it to distinguish what's good or bad. So the point turns into the question "how can I act in God'ìs will?" or rather "How can I tell if somebody is acting in God's will?" Once again Jesus's life can help us. Somewhere in the Vangels Jesus says that christians (doing God's will) can be recognized among those who love each other. Surely someone who murders has a problem in loving and donig God's will for him. We are all called to love and to be loved. The matter is how to do it. Here comes in God's will for each one of us. Am I called to love in my work place? Am I called to love in my marriage? Should I be a missionary? Am I to show love killing people? Surely not!!
Even thou this discussion is off of topic, I'm glad I found curiosity and respect for each other in this forum and these two things are very important for me to grow and I think for you too. Thanks everybody.
2004-12-05 19:51
drake
Account closed

"It is better to live your life as if there are no Gods, and try to make the world a better place for your being in it. If there is no God, you have lost nothing, and will be remembered fondly by those you left behind. If there is a benevolent God, He will judge you on your merits and not just on whether or not you believe in Him."

IMHO things like that are just a good excuse not to believe in god, and make yourself safe if god exists though

-----------------------------------------------------------

if you read the bible you'll find soon out that merits and behave aren't the most important things God most appreciate in a christian. it's all about to believe in him and to give Him glory even in the most hard times.

i don't want to say more about this. i know a lot of ppl don't like these discussions since this is a c64 forum.

.amen ;-)
2004-12-06 20:36
Pater Pi
Account closed

I think it's interesting, especially when you consider how this discussion started (8
2004-12-23 08:37
finchy

Back to what it's all about: membership is for free now. Take a look http://www.churchofc64.info and become a believer ;) - and take it not too serious, as one said, there are also jedi-knights around the earth, so why not become a "knight of the byte" (yeah, lame joke, just try to overread it.)

finchy
2004-12-23 09:18
Nafcom

Quote: Back to what it's all about: membership is for free now. Take a look http://www.churchofc64.info and become a believer ;) - and take it not too serious, as one said, there are also jedi-knights around the earth, so why not become a "knight of the byte" (yeah, lame joke, just try to overread it.)

finchy

Still it's a tad too crazy for me :)
2005-04-17 00:25
Duke
Account closed

So what are the perks if we convert/sign up? Every religion has perks. Do we get free c64's? Floppy disks? Virgins? Tell me it's virgins? Alright, just to be safe I better sign up.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Core/VPN
Alakran_64
sln.pixelrat
hedning/G★P
jmin
Oxbow/Xenon