Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Pre-X
2023-05-23 09:43
macx

Pre-X

Pre-X has been a thing since 2004 (see the article on the aussies touring Europe in VN) and has since become an institution (more or less) with many happy memories from a big bunch of sceners from all over the world before every X since. For some reason, since the latest stunt from Magic, all the old (par Pre-X 2016) have been deleted.

A bit sad given the history IMHO (I am sure many attenders would claim the same), but I am sure the chieftains have their reasons. The memories will live elsewhere.
2023-05-23 10:02
hedning

The memories in written form can be archived in Vandalism News, Attitude or Propaganda as well (absolutely a better and more suitable place for it). I would love a longer article in Propaganda summarising the whole thing. Are you up for some writing? <3
2023-05-23 10:23
Cruzer

Just remember to use a notemaker to make the all important release this time.
2023-05-23 17:08
Sixx

I'd love to read an extensive article in Propaganda about that aswell. <3
2023-05-23 19:53
macx

I have stopped writing for diskmags and I don’t want to stir the pot. I am in this scene for laughs and for a good version of anarchy. I enjoy the scrolling texts, the lurkers on the boards, old friends and enthusiastic newcomers. I just did a rant out of instant frustration (as can be deducted from the quality) over how almost two decades of actual scene partying was removed because of .. what? I surely understand that this place needs limitations for not getting flooded, but Pre-X has become almost an institution (those who know, they know).

Keep your minds in peace and see you at X (plus the days prior in Amsterdam for some spontaneous aggregation and phun berserk)!

Boar's Head Tavern | byob.hopto.org:64128
2023-05-23 20:46
hedning

Quote: I have stopped writing for diskmags and I don’t want to stir the pot. I am in this scene for laughs and for a good version of anarchy. I enjoy the scrolling texts, the lurkers on the boards, old friends and enthusiastic newcomers. I just did a rant out of instant frustration (as can be deducted from the quality) over how almost two decades of actual scene partying was removed because of .. what? I surely understand that this place needs limitations for not getting flooded, but Pre-X has become almost an institution (those who know, they know).

Keep your minds in peace and see you at X (plus the days prior in Amsterdam for some spontaneous aggregation and phun berserk)!

Boar's Head Tavern | byob.hopto.org:64128

Well. Let's start adding every monthly scene beer gatherings in Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm that has being going on since 10 years at least, then. Prominent sceners attending and a lot of C64 discussions I am sure. It's obviously tradition and very important, looking at all the productions and releases.
2023-05-23 21:30
Burglar

Quoting hedning
Well. Let's start adding every monthly scene beer gatherings in Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm that has being going on since 10 years at least, then...
why polarize it to extreme nothingness, straw-man alert! :)

I don't really understand why these types of current scene events must be preemptively removed. You could at least wait till after the event when there's no release.

That said, some things should just be a thread (hi x-limo!;)
2023-05-24 00:39
hedning

Quote: Quoting hedning
Well. Let's start adding every monthly scene beer gatherings in Malmö, Göteborg and Stockholm that has being going on since 10 years at least, then...
why polarize it to extreme nothingness, straw-man alert! :)

I don't really understand why these types of current scene events must be preemptively removed. You could at least wait till after the event when there's no release.

That said, some things should just be a thread (hi x-limo!;)

They don't, but none of them, exept 2016, had any release values attached to it, so I presumed it will be the same this year. But we'll see. I'll revive this year's event, and I, and the rest of the mods, are looking forward to all the release glory of it. Have a nice event! Wish I could be there (really!). :'(

Regarding X-Limo, and the latest Pre-X stuff, the event entries here mostly seem to exist to point people to various Facebook forums where the action and discussions seems to take place.

Topic closed.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Airwolf/F4CG
iAN CooG/HVSC
ritti/TLN
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
csabanw
CA$H/TRiAD