Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Active Sceners
2002-03-11 22:32
The Overkiller
Account closed

Active Sceners

Hi there,

I'm preparing a list of all active Sceners for the next issue of the mag Scene World. If you want to be in, just contact me via e-mail.

Regardz
The Overkiller / Hokuto Force
hokutoforce@telemail.it

... 45 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2002-04-24 22:23
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: Commander and Overkiller, about this "scene in harmony" stuff: do you mean that if you say something negative about a release or something else, you're doing something wrong? If that's the case, I definitely don't want a scene in harmony.

Puterman , believe me , I agree with you!!! I accept any negative opinion if it might help , but I hate the useless attack against any idea simply because someone don't like that kind of idea. Hope you understood what I mean.

Regardz
The Overkiller
2002-04-24 22:29
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: Not everyone had to be friends with others, you have friends and the opposition. Much of the scenes were built upon competition. Competition motives are not important but these days when friendship is supposed to rule nothing seems to get done except nice letters and blablabla. Trying to do something better than someone else is healthy and more needed.

Ok, ok !!! But I ask myself if it is total impossible competition between friends. I think it's possible....

Regardz
The Overkiller
2002-04-27 15:13
T.M.R
Account closed

Quote: Ok, ok !!! But I ask myself if it is total impossible competition between friends. I think it's possible....

Regardz
The Overkiller

In the same way we compete as "enemies"? No...
2002-04-28 07:19
Nafcom

Quote: ...there's nothing more to say!

Well, Linus, you are right and we have worked on that! See SWO#3 then! :)
Snail Mail release is May, 1st and online release Sunday NEXT week! (May, 5th).

Hope you will like it!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2002-04-28 07:23
Nafcom

Quote: I don't really understand all this "scandal" about the list.... If you don't find it interesting just ignore it, but are all of you 100% sure that it doesn't might interest to someone ??? C'mon , be sincere !!!!

The Overkiller/HF/P.o.L

Well, I think as long as there are people who like the list (and it reached also the charts of SWO#3, by the way), there shouldn't be any scandal!

So, there are supporters of the list and I personally think that Silvio's ideas are great!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2002-04-28 07:59
Nafcom

Quote: Ok, but you gotta talk to Nafcom about that, I ain't the organizer of SWO!!!

The Overkiller

Well, I said something about Puterman's entry.

By the way: Also Merman and UzzY is in news editing, not only me! :)

Bye!
Joerg
2002-04-28 08:06
Nafcom

Quote: In the same way we compete as "enemies"? No...

No, of course being in competition NOT like enemies!
There are some diskmags around, for example. They are not enemies but every mag is trying to reach the top of charts.

There has been a lot of discussion if it makes sense in starting co-ops between 2 or more magazines and most of those discussions end with the summary not to do co-ops because it would mean that one of those mags would lose its flair, outfit, etc.

Anyway, there is no reason for not writing texts for another magazine even if one is already an editor of an other magazines because they are not in competition like enemies.
Everybody should respect the other sides, and even help if the scener can (instead of fighting against the other person, product, etc.).

Bye!
Joerg
2002-04-28 09:04
Derision

I just felt the urge to add my opinions to this.

Competition, for whatever reason, is a good thing. It's what makes people get better. Hell, I learned to code just so that I could go "Nyaa nyaa" to someone who said I couldn't do it. Whether that competition be friendly, as it appears to be now in the shiny, happy "let's all join hands and sing" demo scene we live in now; or unfriendly, as it was in the ego-smashing, tooth-baring scene a mere five years ago, is irrelivant. It's competition that started the scene to begin with.

I don't know what that has to do with anything.

And as for the "Active Sceners List"... don't think of it as a list of every single active scener on the planet Earth... it's more of a list of every active scener that WANTS to be listed. Obviously, there are a lot of people not there, and the fact that the entire thing hinges on people sending in their data maintains that it will never be "complete", at least not in our lifetimes. Maybe fifty years down the road, someone will find it and add everyone else... but it's unlikely.

Word.
2002-05-12 23:22
Vengeance
Account closed

Its almost, self explanatary to find out who is and isnt active I'd guess. You dont need some kind of list for it just read the latest magazines, chat on IRC and ICQ. I've never had to ask people to compile such a list. Thats what makes you the mag editor, investigative jornalism.

2002-05-23 13:58
Nafcom

Hello there!

I like the idea of the list anyway, and as long as readers want it, we will keep it as a part of "Scene World"!

I think it's good that we have such a list and that The Overkiller is bringing in his ideas and efforts!

Why should a reader do much jornalism, if a diskmag offers already an updated list?!

All the best!
Bye!
Joerg
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mythus/Delysid
TheRyk/MYD!
Earthshaker/Silicon ..
St0rmfr0nt/Quantum
Doc Snyder/ONS
Slaxx/Q/HF