Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > No Soundplayback with WINVICE (Vista)
2010-02-19 18:07
Intensity
Account closed

No Soundplayback with WINVICE (Vista)

Hey ppl,

i have installed Vista recently.

Unfortunatley there is no soundplayback neither with WINVICE nor with SIDPLAY, except if I switch to Stereo with both.

Since I don't like the Stereo spread and would like to listen to mono, I would like to ask you what I can do, that it finally runs.

Of course in Winvice Soundplayback is ON!

Under XP everything went fine tho, so it can't be blamed on my soundcard and it's drivers, which is a terratec phase 26.

Thanks for any help.

... 10 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-02-20 19:21
booker
Account closed

Quoting Intensity
Well, I upgraded to windows 7, the problem is still there...

Weird. Check playback devices - might be some crap settings there.
2010-02-21 15:11
The Phantom

Does anything give sound as it should?
2010-02-21 18:24
Intensity
Account closed

yes, everything else gives a good sound, also stereo SID option does work, but is a pain in the arse for me, when i want to compose.

2010-02-21 21:15
Stryyker

Are you using DirectX or WinMM sound playback? Both should work but...
2010-02-21 21:43
booker
Account closed

Quoting Intensity
yes, everything else gives a good sound, also stereo SID option does work, but is a pain in the arse for me, when i want to compose.

How about XP compatibility mode (though dunno why it would fix this)?
2010-02-22 11:36
Intensity
Account closed

both WMM and direct x work the same... Under XP it functions perfect, tested it again after reinstalling win xp, but not on Vista or 7.

After installing windows 7 afterwards, there are the same probs like in vista.

Sound works, but not in mono mode, only in stereo mode, then again like mono on the left speaker only, no right speaker, i.e. the stereo option is for the sucks in this case, as well as the mono option, where i can't hear ANY sounds.

I have run x64 WINVICE under Win XP SP2 + SP3 compability, still the same probs.

It might be the sound driver from my terratec phase 26 studio soundcard, which i can use to hear EVERYTHING properly, but not SID! ;)

The optimal drivers for this soundcard are already installed, and there is not much out there, which would be different.

Anything else comes up into your mind?

Will be thankful!

Is there a possibility to ask WINVICE founders/producers for a fix? Or even Microsoft?
2010-02-22 13:31
booker
Account closed

Intensity. Manual for your card says

Quote:

In the drivers as well as in the PHASE ControlPanel, the inputs are viewed as a stereo pair (1+2). As a rule, you can also combine the two channels for mono use in common audio editors.

Seen there?
2010-02-22 23:30
Intensity
Account closed

booker, thx a lot for further caring.

The soundcard comes with a software called "Phase 26 Control Panel" where you can configure the 4 x L+R Line Out doses.

I tried connecting the speakers to one of those line out doses, i.e. to connect both L+R, and to switch out Stereo Link for the proper line out dose via control panel.

There you go...

no difference.

Still there is no sound at mono, and with stereo there is only sound on one speaker.

I think it's definatley a driver problem of the inbuilt Windows 7 driver for the soundcard. Can you help please? I am new to W7...

How can I deinstall the w7 phase 26 driver and reinstall the original phase 26 drivers from terratec website WITHOUT that windows automatically installs its own scary drivers?

Always, when i deinstall the driver, and want to replace it with the other drivers, W7 says "your drivers are on the newest state"...

Scary shit! Bill Gates! You should play in a horror movie! :P

If I will install the proper drivers from terratec, i could at least change some things via the phase 26 control panel, instead, with the W7 inbuilt drivers, the control panel says (there is a status concerning the soundcard drivers) :

"driver unknown"

and more of shit i havent encountered before...
2010-02-22 23:35
booker
Account closed

There should be a way to force to install drivers you want. Usually you get the package with driver, and in Device Manager you choose to update the driver with option 'have disk' or something. Haven't really tried that on Win7. Try google or inbuild Win7 help for some guidance on it. Perchaps terratec install guide for win7 there?
2010-02-26 22:48
Intensity
Account closed

I will contact terratec and see how things will go...

thx a lot for all yet help!

Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Zaphod/Hokuto Force
iceout/Avatar/HF
iAN CooG/HVSC
zscs
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
hedning/G★P