Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > MMC64 beginner question!
2010-04-04 13:33
ElCharro
Account closed

MMC64 beginner question!

Hello,

I am new at MMC 64. I would use it on my C128 and 1570 drive.
I have no clue how to have an action replay installed on it.
I have just installed several plug ins in order to have a D64 Reader or D64 Writer the ones to read and write D64 images.
I just want to know how to have a fast load or an Action Reaply installed on my SD Memory!

Thanks to all who would replay to me and Happy Easter to everybody on CSDb!
2010-04-04 17:44
vedos
Account closed

You can't use AR6 or 1541 Ultimate (in a way as in Retro Replay). The hardware isn't designed that way.

If you want to use Action Replay you must have *real* Action Replay cartridge and plug it in the MMC64 like in this picture: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7yyxUaJwIDc/S6BKnNGAGfI/AAAAAAAAABU/A..

If you wanna fastload stuff from your drive (even AR6's floppy fastload doesn't work when plugged to MMC64 :() you must use software fastloaders.

There are loads of them. I really don't know which is the fastest one, but currently I'm using MMC Boot (MMC No Blocks Boot). Ermmm... Someday I gotta gather shitloads of fastloaders and make a little speed and usability comparisation of them. :)

I just installed the boot on some disk and saved the fastloader with a name "MMC BOOT" to disk and transferred it to MMC card. Here's a direct link to it: http://pulshu2.no-ip.com/~draft/mmcboot.prg

After that I made a directory called ! where I placed the mmcboot.prg. TNT's MMC64 browser will show the ! directory as first so it's always easy and fast to load the fastloader when you wanna use it.

I myself am wondering is there any way to copy one .prg file from MMC64's or TNT's browser to floppy. Except using MMC64's browser and when loading .prg pressing CBM key (it doesn't autostart the program) and then doing SAVE"PROGRAM",8 ... Does anyone know?
2010-04-05 10:39
ElCharro
Account closed

Hello Vedos,

I have appreciated your fully explained answer to my question. Thanks a lot!
Actually I mixed it up with the 2 cartridges ( MMC 64 and MMC Replay ) because firstly I bought the MMC 64 and then the MMC Replay and since I moved away from home some miles away I had to choose wich one of the 2 cartdridges to take with me and it happened that I toke with me the MMC64 but if you say that even with a real AK7 plugged at the back I would not accelerate my Floppy Disk Drive then I would ask to my family to send me by mail the MMC Replay!

Thanks a Lot Vedos!!!!

RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Guests online: 80
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)
4 Edge of Disgrace  (9.6)