Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Coding > Why wont it let me LOAD....
2018-07-19 22:38
Nova

Why wont it let me LOAD....

Screw it,
If i had solved my problem you would all have had to
watch 36 fucking parts of Retroholica by genesis project at X2012 so i guess there is a higher purpose to not letting me irq load with on the fly decompression...

I thought i saw the light when i discovered the
Plushsqueezer V2 and integrated that loader in several
of my unfinished demos but it keeps fucking up some of my stable interupts, not all and i cant see a pattern and i have kind of given up.

I am not a multi platform programer, i love oldschool coding on the 6502 but if you ask me to compile something in a linux environment or some weird C++ cross platform compiling there is just no way, and since life still gets in the way i will most likely give up because there are more fun things to do then failing at compiling a loader with on the fly decompression for a 35 year old fucking computer !!

I managed to compile Dreamload with just the "normal" unpacked irq loading and it worked great but diskspace will soon be an issue..

Could someone please come up with a guide for compiling
both the Krill and Dreamload loaders with decompression and flip disk options in a Windows 7 64bit enviroment..

Sincerly yours:
Nova.

... 58 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2018-07-23 19:27
soci

Quote: it's all in the wrist

And that's how the discussions went off the rails...
2018-07-24 03:21
Compyx

Interesting talk of Ninja about Makefile's and version control: https://youtu.be/po9IY5Kf0Mo?t=3485 (this is about 7 years old)
2018-07-24 14:43
chatGPZ

Quote:
it's all in the wrist

its called WURST!!!
2018-07-24 16:00
mhindsbo
Account closed

It's inevitable. We all belong to the generation of ultimate control and I used to think the same about C (or any high level language) as expressed towards IDE's.

I'm sure car tinkerers think the same about automated diagnostic tools and computer controlled injection, etc. In the end it is about productivity as said above. You could write everything in assembler, but you wouldn't accomplish much.

Soon we will probably have AI helping us code and we will be at yet another abstraction layer.
2018-07-24 16:01
chatGPZ

Quote:
Soon we will probably have AI helping us code

and even more dumb "coders" :)
2018-07-24 16:58
Golara
Account closed

Quote: It's inevitable. We all belong to the generation of ultimate control and I used to think the same about C (or any high level language) as expressed towards IDE's.

I'm sure car tinkerers think the same about automated diagnostic tools and computer controlled injection, etc. In the end it is about productivity as said above. You could write everything in assembler, but you wouldn't accomplish much.

Soon we will probably have AI helping us code and we will be at yet another abstraction layer.

I get what you're saying, but what I am saying (maybe Groepaz and Krill too, but I'm not gonna talk for them) is that I work fine without these tools. The one thing I like in the IDEs is that you can look up a definition of something (very useful in corporate shit code where everything is abstracted in classes and spread across 10 files), but somehow I can live even without that.
It might be an unhealthy obsession, but I like my programs small and fast. If I have to stare on the Visual Studio splash screen for 5 seconds and then wait for it to wake up when you press the compile button, it just annoys me. In my editor I can look for text (and regular expressions) in all files which is enough for me. At work I often work over slow SSH (because the code is huge and it compiles on some beast machine in the middle of fucking nowhere) so it's faster to just grep than look through the files on slow network (btw, sshfs on linux rulez, network dirs are allways "different" on windows and you can't even open CMD in them hahaha)

Btw. I'm only 23, so I don't belong to any "C" generation, it's not nostalgia or any other crap, it just works for me very well and I recommend others what I think is good.
2018-07-24 17:01
chatGPZ

+1 :) i hardly ever use those fancy search features in IDEs either - grep is awesome :)
2018-07-24 17:27
ChristopherJam

Well, image conversion already involves backtracking and optimisation for some of the more esoteric modes, and I gather some of the audio codecs might be heading towards incorporating some neural network tech.

So yeah, AI driven code generation probably isn't far off at all.

I'm probably still going to be using VIM to write cost metrics for the AI, mind ;-)
2018-07-24 17:45
ChristopherJam

btw, nice to see someone so young joining the scene. Us oldies aren't going to last forever :)
2018-07-24 17:52
Golara
Account closed

Quote: btw, nice to see someone so young joining the scene. Us oldies aren't going to last forever :)

You saw some of my first effort quite some time ago (as huge jass), I'm still working on that demo, got 3 parts ready ;)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
Airwolf/F4CG
Firelord/EX/TRX
Black/Angels
Hairdog/BOOM!^Dream
goerp/F4CG