Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #176410 : Propaganda List #1 2019
2019-04-01 23:22
Didi

Release id #176410 : Propaganda List #1 2019

Quite funny: If the coder is member of the releasing group and supplies the original, it gets no points here (example: The Age of Heroes). If the musician of the game is member in the releasing group, it's OK (example: Nono Pixie Preview 4). C'mon. Get real! Crackers have always used "connections" to get hand on the originals first. Usually you did not even ask for the source. You just respected that they had it first, point. The rule here is not thought through until end and does not respect tradition IMO.

... 44 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-04-02 11:04
Danzig

Puh, I just logged in at work to throw my 2 cents:

These new rules just suck donkey...

The problem of coders or groupmates cracking their "own games" is not (C) 2019, dudez :-D

Just compare to demo scene: The world keeps turning and you have to adjust yourself, not bend the rules to fit your liking. If you can't keep up, lay to rest...

Next up is: if some game-coder ever was member of your group you get no points... this is ridiculous! Finally start facecontrol and you got fascism ;-)
2019-04-02 11:53
Majikeyric

haha another drama is coming for my next game release :D !
Now I release normal version and trained version that's all, and if you don't like honestly I don't care, my aim is not to gain points nor preventing other groups to gain points, as I don't care about the cracking scene at all, yes yes I'm in a cracking group and what ?. But this shouldn't be marked as 'Crack' but rather 'Trainer' .
2019-04-02 12:00
hedning

Quote: haha another drama is coming for my next game release :D !
Now I release normal version and trained version that's all, and if you don't like honestly I don't care, my aim is not to gain points nor preventing other groups to gain points, as I don't care about the cracking scene at all, yes yes I'm in a cracking group and what ?. But this shouldn't be marked as 'Crack' but rather 'Trainer' .

Can't see any drama coming up because of that. Proceed as you wish. You don't have to change your ways at all, especially if you don't care. :) The only drama I can see here comes from the guys that wish to get first release points in Propalist for cracking their own games.
2019-04-02 12:08
Dr.Strange

All your complaints just prove our point. And again, free to do whatever you want: refer to other mags, open your own list, not use boards and crack your own games.
2019-04-02 12:09
E$G

<Post edited by E$G on 2/4-2019 17:18>

@Propaganda editors: as it happens in politic and government but also in sport or in competitions prize, the rulez are applied after a certain period and doesn't affect the past. So let us know the rulez then apply on the next issue!!

So why I said PENALIZED because YOU changed the rulez when something happened (to us and MYD but next time could be everyone). Democracy doesn't work in this way.
You can obviously say don't play with our small tiny toy but all the groups that take care of the scene and have the opportunity to have a never released game deserve to partecipate. Care or don't care about the chart is a feeling but care about correctness is the right way to do.

@Hedning: "I will be the first to resign from moderation". Don't do it as co-moderator I can certify about your great work. At least you can resign from GP dedicating to u/l all the old games released and goin' on a moderator. Let's bring back king -$iXX!-

@Hedning: hmmmm let me check in the sorceress ball. I see the future, the next US president will be... back to the scene interest...
"This new rule also means GP won't release games made by Mermaid/Shadow/Wertstahl etc, of course".
The ball say that this gameS will be released by TRIAD or ATL. This gameS won't be released by Laxity or Excess or...
So there is something wrong if friendship among groups allow to "trade" orries?

@all: about what Didi say concerning sources. Am I wrong if I say GTW always supplied Jazzcat? Am I wrong if I say some software label supply just one cracker group that promise not to distribuite the commercial game providing the day of the release with best jewel available?
Am I wrong if the game tester (or graphician or musician) usually supply the group he belongs to?

@Dr.Strange: I know your scenetiquette and way to behave, I can't critize you about it, not all sceners are like you and sorry that you're not a free man and I respect the GP alliance that involve common decisions about bbs, mags, charts. If you like it and share common thought glad for you.
Since we shared HF for some years you know my correctness and fun "working" for the scene that's what I care. As organizer I care about my group works and achivements of course, as most of us having the spotlight we have on being in the scene.

to close: About behaviour do you think that many "scener" voting low (aka downvoting) expecially in competition, voting and feedbackin' just for friends, releasing v.0.001 preview just to get a bunch of points is so respectfull. Trying to steal members to other group is correct? Omitting line-up, work releases of a group and giving focus exalting others is a correct editorial behave, in some mags/charts?
In the name of piracy everything is allowed (Didi refreshed our mind about the sacred oath), in the name of friendship and loyal behaviour let me say not. Do what you want, the eternal saying eye for eye tooth for tooth will hit all of us (this is not a menace in italian maFFia style but just for say that rulez, impeachment created in the name of good way to "use the scene" will be back against as a boomerang. EnjoY!
I wish to be represented by my lawyer Bacchus he knows to handle politics affair more than me, I just follow my heart and that's enough since 1982!
2019-04-02 15:40
The Overkiller
Account closed

Too bad my Friend Enrico takes this too seriously (well, even if I understand his feelings). For me this new amazing rules take the circus to a next more serious level of a Cirque Du Soleil. The main problem is that games done within groups are not shared to others groups, that's it! And when in directed (or INDIRECTLY) way you try to ask in first access a game done by Eric (oh, and if in any case it's an early access, where's the competition?), you can do all the rules you want, I'll support his decision because the will of my members came before all your rules. But you can always do an introlinking and if any of these BBS work (yeah!) then rush it and get your precious points, or why not another dinasourwhatever version removing trainers? For me it's quite a relief to use even less these BBS, and keeping supporting only one (yes, the one that magically we disappeared from the list). Now I let you continue this fantastic debating, as I always say, we have to produce not talk.
2019-04-02 16:24
Dr.Strange

@The Overkiller: If you think you are better than this circus, feel free to avoid the first scene and maybe participate differently. I have to be honest, it's very irritating to keep seeing this "I don't care" attitude from many people here, but then you (generally referred) ask people to upload your stuff on the boards, you go hunting points, open and support boards and so on. Nobody is forcing you into anything. Also, Iit's fair to propose new rules or criticize them, but being considered a sort of clown in a circus sounds like an insult to me.

That's it from me, see you next quarter.
2019-04-02 18:54
hedning

Quote: Too bad my Friend Enrico takes this too seriously (well, even if I understand his feelings). For me this new amazing rules take the circus to a next more serious level of a Cirque Du Soleil. The main problem is that games done within groups are not shared to others groups, that's it! And when in directed (or INDIRECTLY) way you try to ask in first access a game done by Eric (oh, and if in any case it's an early access, where's the competition?), you can do all the rules you want, I'll support his decision because the will of my members came before all your rules. But you can always do an introlinking and if any of these BBS work (yeah!) then rush it and get your precious points, or why not another dinasourwhatever version removing trainers? For me it's quite a relief to use even less these BBS, and keeping supporting only one (yes, the one that magically we disappeared from the list). Now I let you continue this fantastic debating, as I always say, we have to produce not talk.

Please, don't be paranoid. I already told Optic F to tell you that it was an accident not adding HF to the rules text when updating the rules. Sorry. I just focused on the rules part when updating, and forgot to add HF to OI (And FLT to RapidFire). It's already corrected. And then: Why accepting our invitation to share Optical Illusion with us, if you don't care about the boards? Bah. I don't get that game of yours.

I second Dr. Strange: See you in next chapter.
2019-04-02 20:29
Smasher

that mentioned Cherry Soft deal was pure shit. yes, it gave us (F4CG) a couple of easy firsties, but also a lot of troubles. It probably harmed the group more than the benefits we got. I personally can't type anything bad about Newscopy, as Per was/is a friendly guy, but if I remember right he was then kicked out for that lame story.
2019-04-02 23:37
Jazzcat

Vandalism News arrives June 9. No changes to the rules. Read it there if you do not agree with this list. I guess different lists, allow different views to be expressed. Above all, enjoy what you do!
Greetz.

p.s.
http://thelist.c64.org
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Knut Clausen/SHAPE/F..
Alakran_64
Smasher/F4CG
Megaperfect
A3/AFL
Guests online: 116