Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #237162 : Tribute to Vangelis
2023-12-15 00:38
Oswald

Release id #237162 : Tribute to Vangelis

@4gent,

1) feels you took those quotes out of context
2) I even said to 2 girls on the schoolyard when I was 9 that I'm never gonna have sex because its disgusting
3) Talent added so much of his own, that I consider it an original work, Vermeer traced outlines with pinhole camera, Talent used another work for reference I couldnt care less.

... 192 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-12-15 13:04
Peacemaker

Quote: @Peacemaker

Quote:
because, you dont seem to know it, on c64 we only have 16 colors and for color shading there is not much choices.

Gee, thanks for teaching me. Now I understand everything.
I wonder how will you feel about it once Talent comes clean about this tho...

while you are here. when do you think to credit the original work of:

Lenin
Commodore 64 Scene Database
Lenin
Commodore 64 Graphics: Lenin by 4gentE. Released on 13 February 2021

source:
https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/922636137/vintage-malerei-lenin..
2023-12-15 13:10
4gentE

Oh my god now you'll be stalking me?
Just so that you don't have to admit the obvious?

OK man. I give up. Not only Talent hand pixels all of his stuff, but everyone else in the scene does not.

Please forgive me for writing anything, please don't stalk me online and please don't come looking for me in front of my house for having an opinion. Mercy!
2023-12-15 13:15
Peacemaker

Quote: Oh my god now you'll be stalking me?
Just so that you don't have to admit the obvious?

OK man. I give up. Not only Talent hand pixels all of his stuff, but everyone else in the scene does not.

Please forgive me for writing anything, please don't stalk me online and please don't come looking for me in front of my house for having an opinion. Mercy!

lol. what a childish reaction of you. as if i would stalk you where? croatia (csdb says so) or ukraine (the etsy page says so) :D
all i did was a image reverse search and found that little wood masterpiece.
2023-12-15 13:27
4gentE

Quote:

Which serves this conversation how exactly?

About the pictures 'you found' themselves, I guess you didn't look all that carefully (I wonder if you are at all able to) and tbh don't care either.

What you write here is for all to see and judge, I'm happy with that. And, as I said, I have no further argument to make. Everything you said is 'the truth' and I have neither means nor will to contradict. You win! Please continue on your holy quest of disrespecting Electric and other master pixellers and leave me out of it, I'm just not worth it.
2023-12-15 13:29
The Sarge

As usual the discussion deteriorates rather quickly when some join in. Happened in the wired ninja compo too.

All we (I think I have many agreeing with me) ask for, is stop the kindergarten throwing sand at each other and have a meaningful discussion.

1. Talent showing his workflow.
2. How do we go about this in the future?
3. The scene with pixel art has been accepted as a cultural heritage in Finland and Netherlands (I think) so we have clean up our way of working. We have to make our own stuff and be proud of it! Finally we get the recognition we all deserve and use that new found respect the right way.
2023-12-15 13:33
Oswald

Quote: As usual the discussion deteriorates rather quickly when some join in. Happened in the wired ninja compo too.

All we (I think I have many agreeing with me) ask for, is stop the kindergarten throwing sand at each other and have a meaningful discussion.

1. Talent showing his workflow.
2. How do we go about this in the future?
3. The scene with pixel art has been accepted as a cultural heritage in Finland and Netherlands (I think) so we have clean up our way of working. We have to make our own stuff and be proud of it! Finally we get the recognition we all deserve and use that new found respect the right way.

or how about none of them and instead envious pixelers guilty of doing the same thing stop acting like the spanish inqusition to discredit their competitors.
2023-12-15 13:34
Peacemaker

Quoting 4gentE
Quote:

Which serves this conversation how exactly?

About the pictures 'you found' themselves, I guess you didn't look all that carefully (I wonder if you are at all able to) and tbh don't care either.

What you write here is for all to see and judge, I'm happy with that. And, as I said, I have no further argument to make. Everything you said is 'the truth' and I have neither means nor will to contradict. You win! Please continue on your holy quest of disrespecting Electric and other master pixellers and leave me out of it, I'm just not worth it.

you accusing other peoples work as converting / wiring without any proof. and while i look at your work it shows your double standard. sure, throw your shit, but you sit in your own shitwhole.
2023-12-15 13:41
Oswald

especially funny the latest Electric post claiming this is for the good of the scene. No, its for your envious yourself. Dude you won a compo with a work, using a photo as a reference, without giving credit, and now you are here telling everyone thats wrong. You are all over the place suggesting Talent converted, yet you ignore when I ask you to prove, it is really so easy as you claim? You are standing on nothing. Talent's picture didnt even entered any compo, its just a friggin illustration in a demo. Just stop.
2023-12-15 13:45
4gentE

Cartman to Towelie: "You're a towel."
Towelie: "YOU're a towel!"
2023-12-15 13:45
Electric

Quoting Peacemaker
while you are here. when do you think to credit the original work of:

Lenin

Lenin
[/img]

What's wrong with this? Despite of the hopeful new norms we've been discussing here on how to add proper production notes along images? I suppose it's time we dig our past and start adding the missing production notes on the refs etc by ourselves. Maybe Talent can do that as well?

The work here looks like done by hand basing on a reference. A method common for the most PETSCII gfx.

What is childish is going after everyone that disagrees with you in the discussion, this as a targeted group effort. That is of course a way to silence people as we all know. I would still expect something more than smear campaigning from Censor.

FYI: I will try to keep my commenting as unpersonal as possible, hopefully in the topic (though I tend to meander).

Gladly welcoming other topic on 'all the converted and copied crap of our scene'. It will be one big discussion. Things that scene never went through. However, if you think this graphicwise, early 2000s are the times when everyone started to have the tools to work on actual 'easy' copies based on PS collages and stuff. Before that the lack of proper tools leaded to that conversions were still pretty easy to spot. So if you want to start digging, I would propose going after post millenium works. The rest is 50% Vallejos…
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | ... | 21 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
doctorfargo/Binary L..
Guests online: 62
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Mojo  (9.7)