Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #237162 : Tribute to Vangelis
2023-12-15 00:38
Oswald

Release id #237162 : Tribute to Vangelis

@4gent,

1) feels you took those quotes out of context
2) I even said to 2 girls on the schoolyard when I was 9 that I'm never gonna have sex because its disgusting
3) Talent added so much of his own, that I consider it an original work, Vermeer traced outlines with pinhole camera, Talent used another work for reference I couldnt care less.

... 192 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-12-15 19:49
Jammer

Quoting 4gentE
@Jammer
Yeah, I’m affraid so too. That’s why I said that his “advocates” are not doing him a favour by heavily stepping up the shittyness of the conversation.

Dude, it will happen because of YOU, among others denying Talent's competences, not because of 'advocates' (who do shit job at doing so, btw, especially Oswald). Accountability for words and actions much? ;) If I hate something, it's surely manipulation and I'm clearly sensing 'I wouldn't attack that much if they didn't defend unnecessarily' and all elaborate ways to wiggle out of any influence on potentially sour discussion consequences. You'll have a little blood on your hands in that case, plain and simple, especially you were one of the first commenters hopping on 'let's prove he's a cheating lamer' wagon.
2023-12-15 20:07
4gentE

@Jammer
OK, blame it on me then.

Just imagine for a sec that Talent wanted to come clean after first polite invitations from The Sarge. Then, those two desperados come in spitting in every direction. Talking utter nonsense, totally clueless, quickly stepping up from defense to attacking people left and right. Now, after his “buddies” so bravely (but cluelessly and he sees that) defended him, he cannot come clean anymore. In effect it would mean he got bullied by them, held hostage in a sense. Now, I’m by no means saying this is the case. I’m just saying imagine that, since you seem to have it all figured out, all in your head, all out of thin air.

Frankly, what bothers me is that those 2 guys were literally crapping over Electric and The Sarge with bullshit “arguments” and you don’t seem to mind that at all. Rarely seen vile disrespect (in this scene from my experience) was being on display. You don’t mind. You only see that something bad happened because of “YOU” (that would be me) as you shouted. (?!?!?) Strange indeed. Do go over the whole thread once more please, I know you are a smart guy.
2023-12-15 20:30
spider-j

2023-12-15 21:03
Jammer

Quoting 4gentE
Do go over the whole thread once more please, I know you are a smart guy.

I'm smart enough to see big picture like this:

Guy is put under the wall and persistently made involuntarily disclose his workshop and techniques. I'd love to see workstages myself out of sheer curiosity but not at any cost - especially not a cost of scaring Talent off the scene. You may only see couple of pitbulls defending their groupmate because that's comfy for you but I also see how it developed from the first FB posts discrediting Talent's approach and how it speeded up here to very unhealthy overwhelming form. Sorry, you didn't change my view a little bit.
2023-12-15 21:17
Peacemaker

"Just imagine for a sec that Talent"

2023-12-15 21:41
4gentE

OK. Fair enough.

Interesting choice of words tho. You mention: “couple of pitbulls defending their groupmate” and not “clueless destructive foaming disrespect for some of the greatest pixel artists alive plus everybody else that wanders in by mistake”. I swear I thought I had been transported into some early 90s teenage dick waving Amiga scene showdown. Some active commenters fled this thread when the spitting began. I guess I should have too. I know and everyone who can read knows who did the spitting. I know and everyone who can read knows how clueless these guys were when it came to talking of gfx or art, based on their “arguments”. Let alone those desperately dumb GIFs. I know and everyone who can read knows they absolutely refused or were incapable of coming down and talking to The Sarge constructively. It was pathetic really, maybe some sympathetic artists should have jumped in to help them making lesser jackasses of themselves.
2023-12-15 21:48
4gentE

@Peacemaker
Yes, imagine for a sec. You are equipped for that, right? Did Talent ask you to defend him? If so, then all is OK. Why don’t you ask him what he thinks of your Lenin GIF? Why don’t you ask him what he thinks of Oswalds Darth Vader GIF? And your words around those two?
2023-12-15 21:53
Peacemaker

2023-12-15 21:55
4gentE

Dear God. I bet your mom’s real proud of you.
2023-12-15 22:01
Electric

Quoting LMan
However I strongly reject the way it is fought out above Talent's Vangelis picture.

TBH, this specific Vangelis portrait is not the only image in the demo taken from internet. It seems that the previous fast made animation raised so much bad blood that I'd rather ask you all to google it by yourselves.

Oswald, I do not quite get it with what you mean with 'fake original'? Talent wrote himself he has used several shots for the final image reference. The fast dummy used for the gif was built out of just two that I got hold of easily – the whole dude and a close-up of his face with just the eyes, nose +++. I put these together without any effort and it is very close to the actual pixeled work already. I indeed received similar drafts from two people privately, both making the same conclusion as I. I stated very clearly along the gif that it used two images. As somebody said here, due it's a model you can create the angle you want but indeed these two seem to be enough already.
Previous - 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | 21 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Matt
bugjam
FABS/HF
uneksija
Malmix/Fatzone
Guests online: 143