Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #237162 : Tribute to Vangelis
2023-12-15 00:38
Oswald

Release id #237162 : Tribute to Vangelis

@4gent,

1) feels you took those quotes out of context
2) I even said to 2 girls on the schoolyard when I was 9 that I'm never gonna have sex because its disgusting
3) Talent added so much of his own, that I consider it an original work, Vermeer traced outlines with pinhole camera, Talent used another work for reference I couldnt care less.

... 192 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-12-15 16:37
4gentE

You. Gotta. Be. F*cking. Kidding. Me.
2023-12-15 16:46
The Sarge

Good find Oswald.

Yes add this to the credits please since it is indeed a Censor Design release, maybe it was you who coded this part even?

Im not sure you have the correct reference though since it doesn't seem to match. But if it is, and it seems you have the original that I by hand pixeled then who made the reference should be credited. I don't know since this was five years ago and we did not discuss these things back then.

But now we are. So finding straight copies should of course be credited the proper way.
2023-12-15 16:52
4gentE

Sorry @The Sarge for contributing to derailment of constructive conversation, but I don’t think it’s possible to have a constructive conversation with those two. Not in their current state of mind.

I’d just like to try and sum up their “argumentation” in chronological progression so far:
1) Talent's Vangelis portrait was completely hand pixelled, you’re all jelous, this is a witchunt
2) Talent's Vangelis portrait was based on "a few photos from internet", you’re all jelous, this is a witchunt
3) Talent's Vangelis portrait was based on uncredited Zbrush sculpture, but hand pixelled nevertheless, you’re all jelous, this is a witchunt
4) Talent's Vangelis portrait was maybe not all that hand pixelled at all, but everyone around here steals and cheats, especially Electric and The Sarge, and yes, that little prick from croatia too, you’re all jelous, this is a witchunt

All this in one continuous foaming rant, never looking back, bringing up ridiculously lame ‘aha examples’, continuously spitting on everyone who tries to say something. That about right guys? Or I misunderstood something?
2023-12-15 17:16
Oswald

Quote: Sorry @The Sarge for contributing to derailment of constructive conversation, but I don’t think it’s possible to have a constructive conversation with those two. Not in their current state of mind.

I’d just like to try and sum up their “argumentation” in chronological progression so far:
1) Talent's Vangelis portrait was completely hand pixelled, you’re all jelous, this is a witchunt
2) Talent's Vangelis portrait was based on "a few photos from internet", you’re all jelous, this is a witchunt
3) Talent's Vangelis portrait was based on uncredited Zbrush sculpture, but hand pixelled nevertheless, you’re all jelous, this is a witchunt
4) Talent's Vangelis portrait was maybe not all that hand pixelled at all, but everyone around here steals and cheats, especially Electric and The Sarge, and yes, that little prick from croatia too, you’re all jelous, this is a witchunt

All this in one continuous foaming rant, never looking back, bringing up ridiculously lame ‘aha examples’, continuously spitting on everyone who tries to say something. That about right guys? Or I misunderstood something?

lets sum up the "argumentation" of your "side"

"We all did what Talent did, but for some reason he is not allowed to do what we did and this is for the betterment of the Scene"
2023-12-15 17:18
Oswald

Quote: Good find Oswald.

Yes add this to the credits please since it is indeed a Censor Design release, maybe it was you who coded this part even?

Im not sure you have the correct reference though since it doesn't seem to match. But if it is, and it seems you have the original that I by hand pixeled then who made the reference should be credited. I don't know since this was five years ago and we did not discuss these things back then.

But now we are. So finding straight copies should of course be credited the proper way.

I have no problem with the Vader picture, same way I have no problem with the Vangelis picture, but you can not hold Talent at gunpoint for what you also did.
2023-12-15 17:20
4gentE

@Oswald: Are you saying that Vangelis portrait was wired?
2023-12-15 17:25
LMan

Let me chip in that this newfound demand for high standards for original artwork in demos, and the way it is discussed with finger pointing and all, is totally unhealthy for our already small scene.

While I agree that it would be nice to introduce quoting used sources and/or AI tagging, the way this is discussed is super toxic and fun killing. Our little scene is too small and in general too insignificant to take away what little fun we get out of it by taking everything so super serious.
2023-12-15 17:27
Oswald

@electric

This is supposed be the picture Talent repixeld according to Electric. Why is there poor color depth and detail on the forehead compared to its eyes ? Can we have the link to the original on the net ?
2023-12-15 17:29
Oswald

Quote: @Oswald: Are you saying that Vangelis portrait was wired?

Already told you, stop trying to make me say what you want to say.
2023-12-15 17:31
Electric

I think that gfx are "just a illustrations in a demo" indeed hits some point here as well.

For many coders it might be just that – something to fill up the empty space or something fancy to get in the effect and make it look bit better.

However, for pixelers it of course ain't just that but often hundreds of hours of work, creative work that challenge the artists as much as a bug does challenge the coders. I do work with image as my daily job and pixeling for the C64 scene is a hobby. Many pixelers though do something else for their daily jobs and their creative work IS the pixel stuff.

So, it's quite natural that the gfx people want their works to be something more than "just illustrations". Suppose along this comes also the respect towards other people’s work – as seen in this debate it's mostly gfxers who ask for the workstages and coders who do not care. However, if you look at the very commercial fields of graphics you can see that ‘the Chinese way’ of using basicly anything freely for own use is becoming more and more accepted. In here we get back to the arguments on how art field and commercial visual scene differ from each other. Art field still values ‘originality’ but seems to get closer to commercial fields too. A nice image in Instagram gets immediately copied all through the globe.
Previous - 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | 21 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Drees
psenough
rime/Fancy Rats
csabanw
Retroluzzer/Quantum
Guests online: 128