Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Evaluating the moderation of CSDb
2007-09-25 09:11
Laxity

Evaluating the moderation of CSDb

I think it's time to evaluate how the moderation of CSDb is going. Good/bad?.. Anyone?

Something just struct my eye. I just saw the "moderation rules" thread (started by Oswald) being closed for no obvious reason (Ok, Steppe said - "close thread?" or something). I disagree in such an approach to moderation. The moderator should not close a thread unless it's going really bad, and warnings have been issued; furthermore I think moderators who personally participate in a discussion should be rendered powerless over moderating that particular discussion. Furthermore, when closing a thread, I think a reason for doing so should be given..

Oh, and this is not supposed to be another "bitching" topic. I'd like to call and everybody interested to state their thoughts. Good AND bad. Not just bad, please!..

... 150 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-09-28 18:27
Nightlord

I am having hard time imagining someone who has been around the csdb during the WDR times (I wasn't reading during the Nata times) can possibly hope that posts should not be banned or threads should not be closed etc. Back than WDR's free roaming hurt CSDB so much that many good contributers at the time left CSDB. A lot of people who I enjoyed reading here simply stopped bothering. And CSDB was in desperate need of a stricter moderation then.

Some posts and threads are plain damaging to this site/community. They increase the crap/content ratio and that drives some of the good content creators away. So it is not a simple "everyone is entitled to their oppinion thing"

Now I guess the biggest problem is a lot of people who demanded stricter moderation back then (like me) are not posting or reading too often, so the poor moderators who simply went through all that stuff and came up with the style of moderation that they apply now, are simply having less support. Because again a new generation of CSDB'ers (I am not talking about you Laxity, you are not new gen and you are a God to me but anyway) occupy the majority of the forums and they do not know what pains this site went through in the past
2007-09-28 19:09
CreaMD

Quote: Laxity: If you really think Lemon and CSDb are "funtamentally different" you should do something else than computer stuff from time to time. They'are almost the same, it's just that people on here think they are superior because they know what LDA or FLD mean. 8)

that's the way it is.

Bingo!
2007-09-28 19:57
Burglar

Quote: I am having hard time imagining someone who has been around the csdb during the WDR times (I wasn't reading during the Nata times) can possibly hope that posts should not be banned or threads should not be closed etc. Back than WDR's free roaming hurt CSDB so much that many good contributers at the time left CSDB. A lot of people who I enjoyed reading here simply stopped bothering. And CSDB was in desperate need of a stricter moderation then.

Some posts and threads are plain damaging to this site/community. They increase the crap/content ratio and that drives some of the good content creators away. So it is not a simple "everyone is entitled to their oppinion thing"

Now I guess the biggest problem is a lot of people who demanded stricter moderation back then (like me) are not posting or reading too often, so the poor moderators who simply went through all that stuff and came up with the style of moderation that they apply now, are simply having less support. Because again a new generation of CSDB'ers (I am not talking about you Laxity, you are not new gen and you are a God to me but anyway) occupy the majority of the forums and they do not know what pains this site went through in the past

We all know it, and thats why I think a few offtopic posts by Oswald, or a rag-post from me, or even Rough should never be deleted. the whole wdr/natabamu crap was in a league of its own and left no other option than deletion.

we're all anarchists in a way, so live by that.

damn pussies ;)
2007-09-28 21:43
Nightlord

yeah I did not comment on Oswald's case and I can't since I haven't read them (I find it hard to imagine Oswald posting something that left no other option than deletion but I really haven't read that thread)

My comments are towards the general "let's not delete anything as long as there is another way" issue. Sometimes people like WDR work around that for a long enough time to piss people off of CSDB. That's what I am trying to point out. It's totally cool to have anarchists here, let's just be careful about soft-and-continuous type of trolling and we should be fine. And I am pretty damn sure even as we speak now, there are more WDRs out there from the mighty past of the scene that are one google search away from coming here and teach us newbies what c64 scene is all about and how we are all very lame now and blah blah :)
2007-09-28 22:29
FMan
Account closed

This "let's not delete anything" certainly doesn't apply to my posting. My lengthy account of recent goings-on got immediately deleted. I would like to know the reason and who made that decision?
2007-09-28 23:48
CreaMD

Quote: This "let's not delete anything" certainly doesn't apply to my posting. My lengthy account of recent goings-on got immediately deleted. I would like to know the reason and who made that decision?

It doesn't matter who made the decision. That post doesn't belong here. It contained some accusations, some calls for compassion and a message about quitting. I would probably have just closed the thread and left the post there, but I also agree with complete removal. I actually think it was much better solution.

If you want to quit, do so, but don't drag the whole forum into your personal conflicts.
2007-09-29 03:31
FMan
Account closed

I disagree. I thought it was bigger than "personal". Where is the forum policy that bars this kind of conversation?
2007-09-29 05:59
Laxity

Quote:
We all know it, and thats why I think a few offtopic posts by Oswald, or a rag-post from me, or even Rough should never be deleted. the whole wdr/natabamu crap was in a league of its own and left no other option than deletion.

I agree totally... Deleting posts are for pussies.. If someone can't behave (implying: Do not conform to warnings), kick them out of here. (As were done with Nata and Wandie)
2007-09-29 15:28
Oswald

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/forums/?roomid=12&topicid=46987#47000

why ?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
kbs/Pht/Lxt
FABS/HF
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE
Laddh
Acidchild/Padua
Marq/Fit^Lieves!Tuor..