Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Evaluating the moderation of CSDb
2007-09-25 09:11
Laxity

Evaluating the moderation of CSDb

I think it's time to evaluate how the moderation of CSDb is going. Good/bad?.. Anyone?

Something just struct my eye. I just saw the "moderation rules" thread (started by Oswald) being closed for no obvious reason (Ok, Steppe said - "close thread?" or something). I disagree in such an approach to moderation. The moderator should not close a thread unless it's going really bad, and warnings have been issued; furthermore I think moderators who personally participate in a discussion should be rendered powerless over moderating that particular discussion. Furthermore, when closing a thread, I think a reason for doing so should be given..

Oh, and this is not supposed to be another "bitching" topic. I'd like to call and everybody interested to state their thoughts. Good AND bad. Not just bad, please!..

... 150 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-09-29 15:35
chatGPZ

auto-banning seems to work =)
2007-09-29 17:32
Oswald

May I ask why do you delete whole threads which had nothing of the no-nos in the rules section, nor there's any bitching trolling bullying in it ?

May I ask why do you delete posts asking why you did that ?

I will keep reposting this until you will ban me.
2007-09-29 17:43
CreaMD

Quote: May I ask why do you delete whole threads which had nothing of the no-nos in the rules section, nor there's any bitching trolling bullying in it ?

May I ask why do you delete posts asking why you did that ?

I will keep reposting this until you will ban me.

Oswald. Maybe some of the mods think it's better to clean the threads concerning internals of how CSDB system works (maybe because of security reasons?). This or that, I really don't think it's worth being banned for such stupid reasons. And as I said if you are ever going to get banned from here I will quit moderating job here and probably also leave the scene, delete c64.sk and stop drinking coffee and that will be all your fault you stubborn donkey! ;-)
2007-09-29 17:54
chatGPZ

is it blame-it-on-oswald-day already again? =)
2007-09-29 17:56
Oswald

creamd :) still the way moderating is done is extremely rude and unpolite. as many ppl already proposed reasons and warnings should (must!) be given. this way it feels like csdb is a mod playground, and everyone else better shut up.. worse: you dont even know why they shut you up :(
2007-09-29 17:58
Oswald

Quote: is it blame-it-on-oswald-day already again? =)

hope not =)
2007-09-29 17:59
chatGPZ

as creamd already said, it's all your fault! =P
2007-09-29 18:10
CreaMD

Quote: creamd :) still the way moderating is done is extremely rude and unpolite. as many ppl already proposed reasons and warnings should (must!) be given. this way it feels like csdb is a mod playground, and everyone else better shut up.. worse: you dont even know why they shut you up :(

Oswald. I know what you mean, but believe me it's the best way how to get rid of the worst problems. No post is being removed here, they are just being marked hidden for users. All moderators can see them and check what has been censored. They can be uncensored anytime. There is also log for that where we can check what is happening. Moderators are cooperating here and in 99% of cases we agree on what is being done. Of course our opinions might differ. E.g. I don't agree with Trazan's attitude towards you just because you don't have respect to the true leet scene. (but that's because I was actually having similar attitude in past and it didn't change that radically, I just learned to live with it (more or less). Having mods with different roots and ideals working together was Perff's idea and it's (IMO) a bit less efficient than having one charismatic supermod (e.g. Laxity) who would handle all the problems with charm. But it is nevertheless fairer system.

As far as talks about moderation and rules are concerned. I still think forum isn't the place for that. If anyone has doubts there is "contacting moderators" feature which opens a new thread for moderators to discuss. Perff is also checking it so if user's claims are valid, they can be accepted. I proposed one more important update of the rules which is actually written there between the lines but people seems not to know it. Moderators are always right unless other moderators (or owner of this site - Perff) disagree. That's how it works here and believe me, censoring of posts is not the only thinkg that mods do. It's a lot of other editing work that is invisible and unappreciated.
2007-09-29 18:19
chatGPZ

indeed. if i had spent the time i spent on cleaning up database mess last nite on censoring postings instead.... the forum would be very empty =D
2007-09-29 19:03
Oswald

maybe you have mixed up forum and database mess ;)
Previous - 1 | ... | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | ... | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Wayne/Art Ravers
The Phantom
Smasher/F4CG
Guests online: 132
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)