Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Church of C64
2004-11-13 19:28
Monte Carlos

Church of C64

What is this Church of C64 thing about?
It makes me suspicious, because they come up with
a very hirarchical organisation and seem to introduce
"Pay members" again.

Monte Carlos

... 75 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-11-25 11:43
Krill

Quote: And hey, nerds, don't forget that god is against masturbation!

i dont think so.
2004-11-25 12:21
Oswald

Matt 5:28-29 (NIV) [Jesus:] "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell."
2004-11-25 12:40
yago

@trash: God is dead, and we killed him.
@ready: I dont want to get too personal, but I cant imagine staying with a women together for the rest of my life, before having sex with her. Is sex this unimportant for her ? Did you really marry her ?

Zed Yago
--
If everything is worth money
money is worth nothing
2004-11-25 14:03
hollowman

Quote: i dont think so.

read up on Onan in the bible, Onan didnt really masturbate
it was coitus interruptus, but still the swedish word
for masturbation is onani. God obviously dont like men who
waste their seed
2004-11-25 14:29
ready.

@yago: we are not married yet and we are still keeping up our relation wondefully without having any sex. We are both tempted, of course,but our choice to wait until marriage is actually because sex is so important that we want to be sure I am the right person for her and she is the right person for me. Sounds strange I know, sounded strange to me too, years ago, before I got clear what God wants from me. First of all I and my girlfriend have to find out if we love each other for what we are, sex is not the main thing, it comes with marriage. I want to make clear that I don't miscredit sex, I'm just saying there's a right time for everything. Most people don't agree, I know, but I tell you I know many of my friends who haven't had sex before marriage, still considering sex very important. I think certain choices we take depend on how God acts in us, not directly from us.
2004-11-25 18:29
bugjam

Quite interesting discussion here, although way off topic... The astonishing thing in religious people like ready. is for me how certain they are of what they believe "god wants them to do". This seems to be the base for all sorts of intolerance. Because it means that the other people are not able or, even worse, not willing to listen to god. And then it is only a small step to trying to convince the other with words or weapons, which is what we see every day all around the globe. And I do not only mean the "Jihad", the christians do not have learnt their lesson at all (look at Northern Ireland or the mostly muslim-christian clashes in Africa or Asia). So god doen not want me to have sex before marriage? He (or she?!) wants me to keep my fingers off my dick? He (or perhaps even "it", that´s neutral at least) does not want me to use condoms? Then I am happy with my ears not being able to hear that rules. Or perhaps it tells me just the opposite? How about "Have fun, as long as you don´t harm anybody"? No, I think that is something that every being equipped with a working brain (and willing to use it!) can come up with. And everyone personally is the only instance to judge between "good" and "bad". If more people would use their brains and not listened to any religion, we would have a lot less problems on earth.
And by the way: the pope rehabilitating Galileo Galilei after 400 years and under massive pressure of losing his followers (who learned to use their brains not because of, but in spite of the religion!) seems to me a very very very small step forward; especially when at the same time on the other hand condoms are damned, thus harming and killing hundred thousands of people by HIV. And this is only one example of how harmful also the christian religions still act today, in the 21st cantury. Not to mention the "Crusade against the axis of evil" by certain very "christian" politicians who also claim to know what god wants them to do...
2004-11-25 19:02
CreaMD

Quote: Quite interesting discussion here, although way off topic... The astonishing thing in religious people like ready. is for me how certain they are of what they believe "god wants them to do". This seems to be the base for all sorts of intolerance. Because it means that the other people are not able or, even worse, not willing to listen to god. And then it is only a small step to trying to convince the other with words or weapons, which is what we see every day all around the globe. And I do not only mean the "Jihad", the christians do not have learnt their lesson at all (look at Northern Ireland or the mostly muslim-christian clashes in Africa or Asia). So god doen not want me to have sex before marriage? He (or she?!) wants me to keep my fingers off my dick? He (or perhaps even "it", that´s neutral at least) does not want me to use condoms? Then I am happy with my ears not being able to hear that rules. Or perhaps it tells me just the opposite? How about "Have fun, as long as you don´t harm anybody"? No, I think that is something that every being equipped with a working brain (and willing to use it!) can come up with. And everyone personally is the only instance to judge between "good" and "bad". If more people would use their brains and not listened to any religion, we would have a lot less problems on earth.
And by the way: the pope rehabilitating Galileo Galilei after 400 years and under massive pressure of losing his followers (who learned to use their brains not because of, but in spite of the religion!) seems to me a very very very small step forward; especially when at the same time on the other hand condoms are damned, thus harming and killing hundred thousands of people by HIV. And this is only one example of how harmful also the christian religions still act today, in the 21st cantury. Not to mention the "Crusade against the axis of evil" by certain very "christian" politicians who also claim to know what god wants them to do...

Well put.
2004-11-25 19:18
JackAsser

Yeah! Well put. It's always easier to lean back on some kind of mysterical phenomena when you have to agrue for or against something, like "god told me too", "god wants me too" etc etc, instead of using your own grey cells.

_Still_ there is room for a creator, although he/she/it safly resides inside/before big bang currently. As science moves forward, god moves backward. It's a loose-loose situation for god and his/hers/its followers IMO.

Have fun and join the church!
2004-11-25 22:10
ready.

@bugjam:
About intolerance: I just gave my own experience about my life and what God means to me, without point my finger to anybody, I didn't judge anybody. Besides this, I've already said that we are free to have sex, use condoms and masturbate. I've never heard of anybody being killed by a thunder while masturbating because God was mad at him/her.

About Ireland: NO ONE, NOBODY can call him/herself a Christian and practice violence. Remeber what Jesus said: "Love other people as yourself" (sorry for translation which might not be 100% right). He preaced love even for his enemies. On the cross he praid for them who were crucifing him: "Father, forgive them because they don't know what their are doing!" He didn't say "Father, kill these bastards for what they are doing!!". I've already said that we are humans and the Church is made of humans who sometimes do wrong stuff. Crusades were said to be do in the name of God, I guess they were made for personal interest, for power sake. I think them people misunderstood the very roots of the Christian Church, the message of love Jesus Christ wanted to leave us. Once again I remind you he did not rebel to his enemies, Jesus even stopped his disciple Peter when he pointed the sword to the romans who were there to crucify Jesus.

About Galileo: would have been better if the Pope didn't apologize at all? I don't think so. The Church as been so far behind during the last centuries, I think we should recognize its merits, at least when they are obvious. Especially when the Church admist its mistakes. Why do you want to see only what you want about the Chruch. Ok you might not agree on many rules "imposed" (remember we are free), but how can you deny all the good things the Church did for the forgotten ones? Once again I remind you Mother Teresa's dedication to leprose people. Nobody asked you to agree on everything, nor anybody forces you to do this.
2004-11-26 05:16
Deev

Religion is really not the issue in Northern Ireland anyway. Although it has sometimes played a part in the history of the troubles, it's not the cause of the violence in more recent times. The troubles are essentially to do with diferent cultures and nationalism. Religion is perhaps a part of those cultures, but taking religion out of the equation would certainly not solve the problems. There are many people on both "sides" who have no religious beliefs at all. AFAIK, the churches there have always condemed the violence since its rise in the 60's.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Airwolf/F4CG
Guests online: 116
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Mojo  (9.7)