Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > lemon 64
2003-01-14 13:35
fadiga
Account closed

lemon 64

hey guys - ive been checking out old c64 stuff on the net and i dont know if you realised there is another website called lemon 64 quite similar to this one. its miles better than this site, much more info on it and better discussions. you should try it out if you have never been there. its www.lemon64.com i cant imagine there are many people who actually use this once they have discovered lemon64

... 89 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-01-14 18:43
CyberBrain
Administrator

fadiga:

yeah, i could sound like an old man with a long white beard, if i wanted to, but i'm not old and i don't have one of those lame beards. It's okay u don't like how i talk, i don't give a fuck.

Anyway, about the demos, you can (as mermaid said) ofkoz find some here in CSDb, and there are a lot of C64 FTP-sites too. There've been made a lotta good and a lotta bad demos for da C64, so don't be put off if the first one you see doesn't totally rule. There are a lot of cool demos where the kewlest stuff mas been made with a C64, and you just go "wow! that can be done on a C64!!".

Finally, demos run/sound/look better on a real C64 plugged into a TV, so you should see the demos on a real C64, if u wanna get the best experience out of it.
2003-01-14 18:43
Pater Pi
Account closed

Cadaver: nope!
2003-01-14 18:46
Mermaid

Pixman is still 15, I wonder if nostalgia is what keeps him interested in the C64?
2003-01-14 20:11
Board Rider

My God Is This Dude Lame Or What... Lemon has to do with games and such and this has to do with Sceners and other stuff like that

Mark Newsom

Board Rider/CSD!

Long Live The 64! :)
2003-01-14 21:29
Shake

Hmm well, obviously never been part of the demoscene, and therefor understandable why these remarks.

just saying the wrong things at the wrong place dude ;)

2003-01-15 00:11
Cybernator

Not an interesting topic, but...

If you take 2 sites like these, and say this one sux, the other one rulez, it's so lame. They are both special in some way. Before I hit the internet, I've mostly sticked to games. I've only had some stupid demos with a bitmap and scroll message, which explains my attitude. After I got the connection, I found _AWESOME_ demos (do I need to name them?) and I simply started to like them a lot. Demos are art! And I don't agree with CyberBrain when he says: "Gaming is for kids".

You'll only find sceners at the CSDb. That's good for people like me, and all the others here. Sceners create stuff, but not everyone is a scener. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't respect the others.

Most of the guys at Lemon64 are not sceners, but there're sceners, too. The scene stuff is less talked about, but I do like the other stuff.

And yes, all of this is because of different _tastes_.

Quote from Fadiga:
"Games are much more interesting than demos."

Quote from CyberBrain:
"Now, how do you come to THAT conclusion??!?!!?"

Because he prefers games, just like you prefer demos. :)

At least, we all agree with this: C64 RULEZ !!!

End of discussion. :P
2003-01-15 09:23
fadiga
Account closed

Quote: not the first one:
"whats wrong with playing old games?"
"why dont you just use a new pc or something?"

the both (with having 1 sentence between them" fit perfectly together, don't you think so?

no
2003-01-15 09:38
fadiga
Account closed

Quote: Not an interesting topic, but...

If you take 2 sites like these, and say this one sux, the other one rulez, it's so lame. They are both special in some way. Before I hit the internet, I've mostly sticked to games. I've only had some stupid demos with a bitmap and scroll message, which explains my attitude. After I got the connection, I found _AWESOME_ demos (do I need to name them?) and I simply started to like them a lot. Demos are art! And I don't agree with CyberBrain when he says: "Gaming is for kids".

You'll only find sceners at the CSDb. That's good for people like me, and all the others here. Sceners create stuff, but not everyone is a scener. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't respect the others.

Most of the guys at Lemon64 are not sceners, but there're sceners, too. The scene stuff is less talked about, but I do like the other stuff.

And yes, all of this is because of different _tastes_.

Quote from Fadiga:
"Games are much more interesting than demos."

Quote from CyberBrain:
"Now, how do you come to THAT conclusion??!?!!?"

Because he prefers games, just like you prefer demos. :)

At least, we all agree with this: C64 RULEZ !!!

End of discussion. :P

well said mate!

what i mean is that surely demos are just for looking at? someone quoted earlier -'demos are art' well if they are, then they are for looking at? i guess i should try some new ones out first though - point taken.

what i mean when i say i use the c64 for nostalgia is becuase ive got a pc, ps2 etc... and obviously not many of the old c64 games can hold the attention for too long like they used to - with some obvious exceptions like armalyte, wizball etc...
2003-01-15 10:16
CreaMD

Fadiga, seems like you have finally accepted this site without explicitly saying that.

Fadiga said: "what i mean when i say i use the c64 for nostalgia is becuase ive got a pc, ps2 etc... and obviously not many of the old c64 games can hold the attention for too long like they used to - with some obvious exceptions like armalyte, wizball etc..."

Yes that's the way it is. Most people here know that from creative point of view, they have powerful software on PC/Amiga/Mac where they can create more powerful stuff etc. for more broad audience in comparison to simplicity of a C64... but still I don't think we are here because of nostalgia, it's simply attractive quite cool being a scener ;). Some people loose this feeling sooner, some later. ;-)

2003-01-15 10:17
CreaMD

And some never... ;-D
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Menace/Spaceballs
Doc Snyder/ONS
Krill/Plush
CA$H/TRiAD
Fred/Channel 4
K-reator/CMS/F4CG