Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > lemon 64
2003-01-14 13:35
fadiga
Account closed

lemon 64

hey guys - ive been checking out old c64 stuff on the net and i dont know if you realised there is another website called lemon 64 quite similar to this one. its miles better than this site, much more info on it and better discussions. you should try it out if you have never been there. its www.lemon64.com i cant imagine there are many people who actually use this once they have discovered lemon64

... 89 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-01-15 17:53
fadiga
Account closed

Quote: ;-)))))))))))))

You you've got an inferiority complex and probably combined with lack of sense self-preservation.

And yeah I can't help myself but you are misinterpreting my own words so I tried to restate them so you could understand better, it seems you did. Thank you.

And no I don't think YOU are arrogant. Read again *sigh* I started my sentence with that "in my arrogant opinion" because someone might consider that opinion arrogant *sigh*

Ich habe fertig..

have you been on some sort of training course recently where they focus on 'never use one word when thirty seven will do'?
2003-01-15 18:04
Pater Pi
Account closed

one word?
well, let me try to find one for the whole thing here:

useless.

or better:
rubish.

2003-01-15 18:06
Pater Pi
Account closed

the main problem may be that neither one nor 73 words seem to change either your behavior nor your point of view.
It all ends in: demos are boring, gamers are better then demo-watchers, gamers may be even better then demo-producers.

I hope this is just a small attempt of a flame-war. If it is not, i really don't get what's wrong with you.

*sigh*

2003-01-15 18:15
CreaMD

Quote: have you been on some sort of training course recently where they focus on 'never use one word when thirty seven will do'?

Over the years I learned to be tactful, but you asked for it.

You lost!

Game over.

Try again.
2003-01-15 18:49
Pater Pi
Account closed

Creamd:
sorry mate, although you was very close, this were more then one word words.

This discussion was quite amusing in the beginning, but i really must say that it becomes boring.

-noone evere said that demo-watching has to be fun for everyone.
-noone ever said that gamers are generally stupid.
-noone ever said that watching demos is more productive then playing games (and vice versa ain't true too, or can you tell me the result of playing 2 hours turrican or watching deus ex for 13 times.)
-noone can disagree to the fact that producing demos or games for the c64 has more value then playing (old) ones (although it is right that the producers may be not that glad if there wouldn't be an audience).
2003-01-15 21:02
hollowman

hmm, among the first demos i saw where budbrain megademo, red sector megademo and giants megademo on amiga. i only liked budbrain megademo because of all the humour in it, i couldnt see anything interesting about the other demos that were more focused on code. so i can perfectly understand those who dont see anything interesting about demos.

even after getting used to demos i find most of them boring, and quite a few on the top ten makes me go yawn.
however there are some demos that i really enjoy watching, that gives me some sort of emotions.
and in my eyes hardly any demos qualify as art
2003-01-15 22:35
Steppe

*STOP* *FEEDING* *THE* *TROLL*

(no, that wasn't pointed at you, hollowman)
2003-01-15 22:35
CreaMD

Yup. Most demos are too technical or too mathematical, but as with music. Some people like classic, some jazz and some techno. Still I hope that few more demos with potential to entertain general population will be released in future ;-) (maybe by guys who invented the scene? ;-)
2003-01-16 07:31
Pater Pi
Account closed

agreed, but still there are some treasures "hidden" around.
Just think about some of triad or fairlight demos. The kind-of-slideshow-demos like digital magic and krestology (will i be killed for this? :) ).
Or demos that try to express some feeling or a special kind of view (triad /fairlight again, also last reactor..).

One problem may be that most demos do not really hold to this but soon fall back to the fx-thing.

It's not that i do not like those fx, but sometimes they do not fit and it makes me wonder if the demo wouldn't be "better" if it would have been taken out or just put into it in a more theme-orientated way.
2003-01-16 10:30
fadiga
Account closed

Quote: hmm, among the first demos i saw where budbrain megademo, red sector megademo and giants megademo on amiga. i only liked budbrain megademo because of all the humour in it, i couldnt see anything interesting about the other demos that were more focused on code. so i can perfectly understand those who dont see anything interesting about demos.

even after getting used to demos i find most of them boring, and quite a few on the top ten makes me go yawn.
however there are some demos that i really enjoy watching, that gives me some sort of emotions.
and in my eyes hardly any demos qualify as art

i saw the budbrain demos on amiga etc.. and iadmit they are fun to look at and interesting for a bit - but to dedicate a whole 'scene' to it??!!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
rambo/Therapy/ Resou..
Paul Bearer
Airwolf/F4CG
haschpipan
iceout/Avatar/HF
Berluskåni