Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > lemon 64
2003-01-14 13:35
fadiga
Account closed

lemon 64

hey guys - ive been checking out old c64 stuff on the net and i dont know if you realised there is another website called lemon 64 quite similar to this one. its miles better than this site, much more info on it and better discussions. you should try it out if you have never been there. its www.lemon64.com i cant imagine there are many people who actually use this once they have discovered lemon64

... 89 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-01-16 10:40
TDJ

Quote: i saw the budbrain demos on amiga etc.. and iadmit they are fun to look at and interesting for a bit - but to dedicate a whole 'scene' to it??!!

What's the point of wasting time watching demos?

What's the point of wasting time playing games?

What's the point of wasting time wondering why other people waste time on things you would never waste time on?

Damn, I should do a demo on this theme.

Oops, seems I already did.

Stop wondering, move on, you'll never understand.
2003-01-16 10:48
fadiga
Account closed

Quote: What's the point of wasting time watching demos?

What's the point of wasting time playing games?

What's the point of wasting time wondering why other people waste time on things you would never waste time on?

Damn, I should do a demo on this theme.

Oops, seems I already did.

Stop wondering, move on, you'll never understand.

thats the whole point - one is 'watching' and one is 'playing'

perhaps you are right and i should 'move on'. im sure one day with a bit of good fortune and hard work ill find myself on that spiritual plane where you guys spend your time
2003-01-16 11:01
TDJ

Quote: thats the whole point - one is 'watching' and one is 'playing'

perhaps you are right and i should 'move on'. im sure one day with a bit of good fortune and hard work ill find myself on that spiritual plane where you guys spend your time

Watching a demo gives me more pleasure than playing a game, and isn't that what it's all about? Or should I let other people tell me how to get a kick out of life?

And in the end, getting a highscore in HALO will get you as far in life as watching a demo. Both mean shit to the rest of the world.

Please be aware of that fact: gamers are considered losers too by a lot of people. Not by me (because I don't care) but there's a whole bunch of 'grown-ups' who just don't understand why somebody spends most of his free time behind a monitor, shooting at things moving on that monitor.
2003-01-16 11:26
fadiga
Account closed

Quote: Watching a demo gives me more pleasure than playing a game, and isn't that what it's all about? Or should I let other people tell me how to get a kick out of life?

And in the end, getting a highscore in HALO will get you as far in life as watching a demo. Both mean shit to the rest of the world.

Please be aware of that fact: gamers are considered losers too by a lot of people. Not by me (because I don't care) but there's a whole bunch of 'grown-ups' who just don't understand why somebody spends most of his free time behind a monitor, shooting at things moving on that monitor.

exactly - thats why people who play games to it for recreation and to relax - people who program demos seem to get on their high horse about it and it seems to be their entire life!

As far as a bunch of so called 'grown ups' goes - I can assure you there are millions more people who would consider people who program demos to be about as sad as you can get.
2003-01-16 12:28
CreaMD

Quote: And in the end, getting a highscore in HALO will get you as far in life as watching a demo. Both mean shit to the rest of the world.

exactly - thats why people who play games to it for recreation and to relax - people who program demos seem to get on their high horse about it and it seems to be their entire life!

As far as a bunch of so called 'grown ups' goes - I can assure you there are millions more people who would consider people who program demos to be about as sad as you can get.

Standing here trying to figure out where are those windmills you were fighting with few posts ago? Don't waste your time.. there are no windmills just few people stayed here, who are laughing at your vain attempts to get on a horse again. Don't you see that? You won't squeeze more of this topic. You had chance, but you lost. Calm down and get back to your favourite game, which must probably be "Alter Ego". Good luck.

having that a Cheschire cat grin on my face right now again...
2003-01-16 12:42
JCB
Account closed

-------------------
-------------------

It's called jealousy. People who can't do a thing deride that thing.
2003-01-16 12:52
CyberBrain
Administrator

What the fuck is it you don't get, fool?

Gamers just plays a game, but demo-coders actually make something - challenges their intellect. (if you say that gaming comes even close to that, you don't know shit about what you're talking about)

As for gaming vs. demo-viewing i can only say: demos are interesting, games are boring. You just play and play, no pleasure or anything. Demos are much bigger, higher than just games. Playing games gaves me pleasure when i was a child, but now time is just spended - nothing more. No creativity, just more of the same crap (this is the kind of things you write, just seen from the other side)

This is ofcause different from your perspective.. AND THAT'S OKAY! Maybe it takes a certain interest in computers. We think it's interesting to push the C64 to the limit. (and maybe even make it into something worth watching (as said b4: not all demos are cool))

Why do we have so little tolarance for gamers you ask? Because most of them act like you - very fucking closed minded. Does absolutely nothing that's hard themself (playing games is not hard), but still they feel they are better than coders at controlling a computer, and what they do are more important (and why do they think that? because they know shit about what they are talking about, and how a computer works) and gets up on their high horse and starts banging on about the frags they get in CS.

(as for the relax thing - this is just a hobby. Some periods i don't think about demos and C64 at all.
There are other ways to relax than playing games. (and why is it now so much more important to relax in front of a computer, compared to being very concentrated and unrelaxed? It's funnier...)
Also, i think a lot of those 'grown ups' will think it's a lot more childish to sit and play games on a computer when you're grownup yourself, than programming the computer.)
2003-01-16 13:08
CyberBrain
Administrator

The same that goes for programming a computer ofcause also goes for making music, gfx... I also think most 'grown ups' think that has more 'quality', than just playing games.

(btw, it's also a way to relax to watch demos - you seem to confuse making demos, and watching demos)
2003-01-16 13:48
TDJ

Let me add another thing: coding demos has really helped me. Nowadays I make quite a lot of money as a software developer, and I doubt I would do that if I hadn't discovered demos all those years ago.

For some reason, I can't imagine wasting my youth playing games would have given me the same benefit.
2003-01-16 17:42
Pater Pi
Account closed

another theory:
he is no troll, he is a psychology-student who is writting about "reactions caused by ignorance and stupidity and foolish repeating the same and the same without even care about the counter-reaction on the internet compared to real-life situations".

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Acidchild/Padua
icon/The Silents, Sp..
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Menace/Spaceballs
Krill/Plush
daimansion